This week, the off-ice action is ramping up as NHL general managers take centre stage on Sportsnet. Starting Thursday, next season’s NHL rosters start to take shape with two can’t-miss events – NHL Draft (July 7 & 8) and NHL Free Agency (July 13).
Sportsnet will be in the middle of the action serving up the latest deals, in-depth analysis and more on Sportsnet and SN NOW. Fans can also catch complementary GM Week coverage featuring the network’s all-star roster of hockey experts across Sportsnet’s audio and digital channels.
Covering every angle for Canada’s hockey fans, GM Week coverage on Sportsnet includes:
TV & Streaming
Thursday, July 7
Hockey history is being made on Sportsnet as for the first time since 1985 the host city lays claim to the first overall pick. Live from Montreal, Sportsnet’s expert panel breaks down each pick and potential trades as teams look to lay the foundation for their future. Round 1 coverage on Sportsnet features:
- 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT – NHL Draft: Round 1 (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- From the Desk: David Amber, Sam Cosentino, Jason Bukala, and Pierre McGuire provide in-depth analysis on top prospects and share their predictions.
- On the Draft Floor: Insiders Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek track down the latest news as it unfolds in real-time.
- NHL Draft Live with Dangle & Armstrong – In a Sportsnet first, follow along as Steve Dangle and Colby Armstrong debut the “Draft Stream Dream Team” on Sportsnet’s YouTube channel, where they react in real-time to picks, trades and discuss next season’s rosters. With these two running the show, you never know what to expect!
Friday, July 8
- 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT – NHL Entry Draft: Rounds 2-7 (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- Friedman, Bukala and Cosentino join the NHL Network team for Day Two coverage live from Montreal.
Wednesday, July 13
Term? Top Dollar? Hometown discount? Sportsnet’s all-star rosters of analysts, writers and insiders answer fans’ burning NHL Free Agency questions and share their expert insights as NHL GMs’ pens go to paper. National coverage details include:
- 11:30 a.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. PT – Hockey Central: NHL Signing Season (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- In Studio: Host Amber and analysts Anthony Stewart, Jennifer Botterill, Armstrong, Bukala, and McGuire break down the day’s signings.
- Insiders Desk: Marek and Friedman work their phones and break news as it unfolds.
- Plus, Sportsnet’s all-star roster of writers and reporters join the panel from across Canada as Canadian teams make big moves.
Throughout GM Week, Sportsnet Radio Network has hockey fans covered with draft predictions and analysis, delivering expert takes on free agency rumours and contracts.
- Calgary – Flames Talk host Pat Steinberg breaks down Calgary’s latest roster moves (airs weekdays live at 4 p.m. MT on Sportsnet 960 The FAN; available on demand online)
- Toronto – Real Kyper & Bourne keep Maple Leafs fans in the loop with can’t-miss insights and exclusive interviews (airs weekdays live at 9 a.m. ET on Sportsnet 590 The FAN; available on demand online)
- Vancouver – Hosts Dan Riccio and Satiar Shah deliver their thoughts on Vancouver’s dealings on Canucks Central (airs weekdays live at 3 p.m. PT on Sportsnet 650; available on demand online)
- On-Demand – Friedman and Marek round out the network’s coverage with two special-edition episodes of fan-favourite 32 Thoughts: The Podcast