CTV announced today broadcast details for one of the most-watched events of the year*, the 93RD OSCARS®, airing live Sunday, April 25 at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on CTV, and the all-new CTV.ca and CTV app, from Union Station Los Angeles and the Dolby® Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood, and international locations via satellite. Kicking off Hollywood’s biggest night across the country, OSCARS®: INTO THE SPOTLIGHT airs at 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT on CTV, offering viewers a glimpse at this year’s presenters, nominees, and their guests as they arrive for a unique broadcast of the OSCARS®.
ETALK gets viewers OSCAR®-ready ahead of the highly anticipated awards event with ETALK PREVIEWS THE OSCARS®, airing Friday, April 23 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, with an encore presentation Sunday, April 25 at 5:30 p.m. ET, leading in to the live broadcast (check local listings). The exclusive special, anchored by ETALK’s Danielle Graham and Tyrone Edwards, is an up-to-the-minute preview on what viewers can expect from this year’s show. From which presenters, nominees, and special guests are expected to attend and how they are kept safe during the pandemic, to red carpet fashion and OSCAR® pool tips, ETALK breaks it all down. ETALK PREVIEWS THE OSCARS® also reveals the buzz, the frontrunners, where viewers can stream this year’s OSCAR® contenders, and what led to record-breaking diversity in this year’s nominations.
As the only Canadian entertainment news outlet to secure a coveted position in this year’s OSCARS® Arrivals Area, ETALK LA Correspondent Liz Trinnear represents the award-winning Canadian team on the ground from Union Station Los Angeles. Following the awards, ETALK Co-Anchors Danielle Graham and Tyrone Edwards deliver their in-depth analysis of the big night from Toronto with ETALK’s post-awards coverage on Monday, April 26 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV. ETALK’s full post-OSCARS® coverage can also be found on Etalk.ca and @etalkctv.
CTV has extensive coverage of the OSCARS® across multiple platforms. Highlights include:
- The exclusive lead-in to the OSCARS® live broadcast, OSCARS®: INTO THE SPOTLIGHT airs live across the country at 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT on CTV. The special showcases the nominees, presenters, and performers as they get ready for the big night. Confirmed performers include Celeste, H.E.R., Leslie Odom, Jr., Laura Pausini, Daniel Pemberton, Molly Sandén, and Diane Warren.
- Then, at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT, the OSCARS® air live across the country on CTV from Union Station Los Angeles and the Dolby® Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood, and international locations via satellite. Confirmed presenters include Angela Bassett, Halle Berry, Bong Joon Ho, Don Cheadle, Bryan Cranston, Laura Dern, Harrison Ford, Regina King, Marlee Matlin, Rita Moreno, Joaquin Phoenix, Brad Pitt, Reese Witherspoon, Renée Zellweger, and Zendaya.
- For pre-OSCARS® coverage, including the latest news, exclusive interviews with this year’s nominees, fashion deep-dives, and more, visit Etalk.ca.
- Throughout the night on April 25, viewers can follow along live on @etalkctv for the most-buzzed about moments as they happen. Plus, highlights and interviews from the Arrivals Area and virtual press room are posted online at Etalk.ca throughout the evening.
- Following the OSCARS®, ETALK’s non-stop coverage continues from Toronto with exclusive Arrivals Area interviews, virtual press room highlights, and a deeper look at the viral moments from the big night during its OSCARS® recap, airing Monday, April 26 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV.
- This week leading up to the OSCARS®, YOUR MORNING dives into all the fascinating stories that make this year’s OSCAR®-nominated films worth watching, airing weekdays at 6 a.m. ET/PT on CTV.
- OSCAR® fever continues on Monday, April 26 with post-award show coverage on YOUR MORNING, beginning 6 a.m. ET/PT on CTV. Then, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW airs live at 10 a.m. ET on CTV plus, THE SOCIAL co-hosts dissect the biggest moments of the night at 1 p.m. ET/PT on CTV.
CTV.ca and the CTV App
- CTV.ca and the CTV App will house a live stream of the awards show, including all awards and speeches, and an on-demand replay of the broadcast.
- CTV.ca and the CTV App are home to video highlights of the biggest moments from the broadcast show and other exclusive online content not seen during the broadcast.
Additional OSCAR® programming across Bell Media properties includes:
- E!’s full day of OSCARS® coverage begins with DAILY POP: OSCARS® 2021 on Sunday, April 25 at 2 p.m. ET/PT followed by E!’S BRUNCH AT THE OSCARS® at 3 p.m. ET/PT, with experts and special guests, extensive entertainment insight, style scoop, and red carpet predictions.
- Beginning at 5 p.m. ET/PT, E! LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET: OSCARS® 2021 returns with extensive multiplatform coverage of the 93RD OSCARS®. E! brings the magic of the red carpet to pop culture fans around the globe, delivering the most fun and authentic conversations with today’s biggest stars.
- Following the OSCARS® at 11 p.m. ET/PT, the celebration continues as E! AFTER PARTY OSCARS® 2021 breaks down the night’s most memorable moments – from the winners and snubs, to the fashion standouts and buzzworthy speeches from the biggest night of the year.
Source: Numeris, BY 2019-20 (Aug 26, 2019 – Aug 30, 2020)