CBC today revealed the 12 world-class sand sculpting teams, who will compete in the third season of RACE AGAINST THE TIDE (10X30), premiering Sunday, July 16 at 8:30pm (9 NT) on CBC and the free CBC Gem streaming service. Also announced today, the hit competition series will return for a fourth season in 2024, with production beginning later this summer on New Brunswick’s iconic New River Beach, on the Bay of Fundy.
Season 3 of RACE AGAINST THE TIDE makes the world’s toughest sand sculpting competition even tougher, as 12 teams compete in a beach battle – tournament style. Divided into two groups of six, the teams will dig, pound, carve and sculpt through four qualifying rounds. The top two teams from each group will face off in a sand-flying semifinal. In the end, only one team will reign supreme and walk away with the grand prize of $10,000, and the beach bragging rights of being crowned Race Against the Tide champions.
New Brunswick’s award-winning artist and godfather of Canadian Hip Hop, Maestro Fresh Wes, returns as host, alongside judges Karin Fralich, who herself has competed in more than 120 master-level contests around the globe, and is a five-time World Champion; and Rusty Croft, a seasoned sand sculptor who holds the Guinness Book of World Records title for the “tallest sand castle” as a member of the Sand Guys. He has also appeared on every episode of Discovery Channel’s Sand Wars and Sand Blasters.
Meet the Season 3 teams competing to be crowned Race Against the Tide champions:
- Bob Atisso and Benjamin Probanza (Mexico and Ghana)
- David Ducharme and Dmitrii Klimenko (Winlaw, BC and Russia)
- Jim McCauley and Anna McCauley (Australia)
- JP Dupont and Calixto Molina Navarrete (Quebec City, QC and Mexico)
- Mike Beaupre and Rachelle Beaupre (St. Hippolyte des Laurentides, QC)
- Thomas Koet and Anique Kuizenga (The Netherlands and USA)
- Alex Avelino and Thomas Brown (Nelson, BC and USA)
- Brian McArthur and Dawn Detarando (Red Deer, AB)
- Carlos Miguel Ramirez Pereyra and Francisco Javier Calvillo Valdez (Mexico)
- Ludo Roders and Inese Valtere (The Netherlands and Latvia)
- Marie-Line Gagne and Isabelle Gasse (Quebec City, QC)
- Mike Bradley and Shannon Fishback (USA)