We’re excited to launch Basic with Ads — Netflix’s lower priced ad-supported plan — in November.
- Unmissable entertainment at unbeatable value: Basic with Ads will cost just $5.99 a month in Canada and launch on November 1 at 9 am PT.
- Available in 12 countries: Basic with Ads will be available in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Spain, the UK and the US.
- A plan for every fan: Our current plans and members will not be impacted.Basic with Ads complements our existing ad-free Basic, Standard and Premium plans.
Basic with Ads offers all the features people expect from Netflix’s Basic plan, with a few differences:
- What stays the same: A wide variety of great TV shows and movies; personalized viewing experience; available on a wide range of TV and mobile devices; change or cancel your plan at any time.
- What’s different: Video quality up to 720p/HD (now for both our Basic with Ads and Basic plans); average of 4 to 5 minutes of ads per hour; a limited number of movies and TV shows won’t be available due to licensing restrictions, which we’re working on; no ability to download titles.
In short, Basic with Ads is everything people love about Netflix, at a lower price, with a few ads in-between. Starting in November, signing up will be easy — visit , and register with your email, date of birth, and gender to get started.
Basic with Ads also represents an exciting opportunity for advertisers — the chance to reach a diverse audience, including younger viewers who increasingly don’t watch linear TV, in a premium environment with a seamless, high-resolution ads experience.
- Ad Format: At launch, ads will be 15 or 30 seconds in length, which will play before and during shows and films.
- Advertiser Controls: To help advertisers reach the right audience — and ensure our ads are more relevant for consumers — we’ll offer broad targeting capabilities by country and genre (e.g. action, drama, romance, sci-fi). Advertisers will also be able to prevent their ads from appearing on content that might be inconsistent with their brand (e.g. sex, nudity or graphic violence).
- Verification Tools: We have partnerships with and to verify the viewability and traffic validity of our ads starting in Q1 2023.