Canada’s reigning queen of daytime Marilyn Denis returns weekdays at 10 a.m. ET for a brand-new season of THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, kicking off its ninth season Monday, Sept. 10 on CTV, CTV.ca, and CTV GO (check local listings).
In the Season 9 premiere (Sept. 10), Marilyn enlists the help of lifestyle experts Charles the Butler, Ramsin Khachi, Jane Lockhart, and Owen Reeves to make over one couple’s home in time for their first baby, all while dad-to-be is away for military training. Following the broadcast (10-11 a.m. ET), the premiere episode continues online for a special 30-minute Facebook Live (11-11:30 a.m. ET) on the program’s Facebook page, where Marilyn and all four experts answer viewers’ questions.
“I’m honoured to be back with an all-new season of THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW! In fact, I never went anywhere – despite the fake ads currently circulating online,” said Marilyn Denis. “My team and I have been working hard to deliver another incredible season, and I can’t wait to spend my weekday mornings with our loyal viewers across the country.”
Premiere Week (Sept. 10-14) continues with Dr. Oz, who chats about his experience battling online phishing scams. Dr. Oz provides his tips to Marilyn and viewers on how to avoid fake ads, such as the recent fake ads and stories currently using Marilyn’s name and image to target online shoppers. Also in Premiere Week:
Tuesday, Sept. 11:
- The final three teams competing on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA stop by to chat with Marilyn before the season finale airs tonight on CTV.
Wednesday, Sept. 12:
- Fitness expert and life coach Jillian Michaels co-hosts today in an episode focused on time-saving tips to improve life and helping viewers add more hours to their day.
- Plus, dancer/choreographer Derek Hough stops by in advance of the season finale of WORLD OF DANCE on CTV tonight.
Thursday, Sept. 13:
- Chefs Christine Cushing, Anna Olson, Rodney Bowers, and MASTERCHEF CANADA Season 3 winner Mary Berg (MARY’s BIG KITCHEN PARTY) compete in Marilyn’s “All-Star Kitchen: Super Saver Challenge” showdown where they each have to serve up delicious meal ideas using inexpensive ingredients.
Friday, Sept. 14
- Celebrity stylist Joe Zee returns to co-host and goes undercover to surprise MARILYN super fans with head-to-toe makeovers.
- Canadian country singer-songwriter Madeline Merlo performs her single “Neon Love”.
As well, MARILYN goes international this season as Marilyn travels to Ireland (Sept. 27) with chef Clodagh McKenna and design expert Tommy Smythe (WHERE TO I DO?) in a special episode that chronicles Marilyn’s summer travels. Click here for a preview of the new season and see below for additional upcoming Season 9 highlights.
**Media Note** – Download photography for THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW at BellMediaPR.ca
Viewers can also look forward to additional lifestyle and celebrity guests this season including:
- Stephen Hill, Peredita Weeks, and Zachary Knighton (Sept. 17), who star in CTV’s upcoming reboot of the classic series, MAGNUM P.I.;
- Zoe Perry and Lance Barber (Sept. 20) from CTV’s family comedy and last year’s #1 new series, YOUNG SHELDON;
- Nicholas Gonzalez (Sept. 24) from Canada’s #1 drama THE GOOD DOCTOR;
- The Big Three’s Niles Fitch, Logan Shroyer, and Hannah Zeile (Sept. 25) from the beloved series and TV darling THIS IS US;
- in-studio performance from the cast of Mirvish’s Come From Away (Sept. 26);
- Brandon Micheal Hall (Sept. 28) from CTV’s upcoming drama GOD FRIENDED ME;
- cousins John Colaneri and Anthony Carrino (Oct. 2) co-host;
- filmmakers behind the new TMN documentary Sharkwater: Extinction (Oct. 3) chat about the late conservationist Rob Stewart’s last documentary on the illegal shark-fin industry;
- real-estate investor and contractor Scott McGillivray (Oct. 15) co-hosts;
- Discovery’s HIGHWAY THRU HELL’s Jamie Davis (Oct. 15);
- Eric Winter, Melissa O’Neil, and Richard T. Jones (Oct. 16) from CTV’s big-buzz new cop series THE ROOKIE stop by to chat about their new series premiering tonight on CTV, and more.
Plus, MARILYN’s annual fan favourite “Halloween Spooktacular” special and “10 Days of Giveaways” holiday gift guide also return this season.
THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW is the #1 Canadian lifestyle program among total viewers and F25-54. The daytime series also continues to attract new viewers and has seen double-digit percentage growth year-over-year with M18-34 (+17%). Last season, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW also celebrated an additional record when it marked its 1,500th episode (May 30, 2018) on CTV.
THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW airs weekdays at 10 a.m. ET on CTV, CTV.ca, and CTV GO; then again at 11 a.m. ET on CTV2, and on demand at Marilyn.ca. The following is a breakdown of broadcast times in each province on CTV:
|Alberta||9 a.m. MT|
|Ontario||10 a.m. ET|
|Quebec||10 a.m. ET|
|British Columbia||11 a.m. PT|
|Atlantic Canada||11 a.m. AT|
|Saskatchewan||11 a.m. CT|
|Manitoba||11 a.m. CT|
To be a part of THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW live studio audience, get the latest additions to the guest lineup, and/or to win exclusive prizes, fans can head to Marilyn.ca.