CTV announced today the broadcast details for the most-watched entertainment event broadcast in Canada, and CTV’s ETALK leads the way with the best access to the stars and excitement of the 92ND OSCARS®. The lead up to the OSCARS begins on CTV with Canada’s only red carpet special, ETALK LIVE AT THE OSCARS at 5:30 p.m. ET / 2:30 p.m. PT, followed by the award-winning live digital show, ETALK LIVE FROM THE OSCARS BALCONY at 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT on Twitter and CTV.ca. Visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times. Then, it’s the big event itself, the 92ND OSCARS®, airing Sunday, Feb. 9 at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on CTV and everywhere CTV content can be found.
ETALK LIVE AT THE OSCARS, which reached 1.9 million Canadians last year, comes to viewers live from Los Angeles on the OSCARS red carpet. Ben Mulroney anchors ETALK’s prime interview position – second only to host U.S. broadcaster ABC – conducting one-on-one interviews with the biggest stars in Hollywood. Meanwhile, ETALK anchor Danielle Graham, who returns from maternity leave for the highly anticipated night, is joined by ETALK anchor Lainey Lui reporting from the exclusive balcony position for a birds-eye view of the OSCARS red carpet. For the fourth year in a row, ETALK has a second camera in the balcony position to capture exciting red carpet moments that viewers can’t see anywhere else.
The red carpet excitement continues as the entertaining digital special ETALK LIVE FROM THE OSCARS BALCONY returns to Twitter for a third year and invites audiences to join Graham and Lui live from their balcony position for a raw, in-the-moment, red carpet show, breaking down the night’s most buzzed-about arrivals and fashion moments while also eavesdropping on Mulroney’s interviews with Hollywood’s biggest names on the carpet below. Winner of the Canadian Screen Award for 2019 Best Host, Web Program or Series, the complementary viewing experience streams live at 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT on Twitter and CTV.ca.
Following the OSCARS, ETALK’s non-stop coverage continues from L.A. on all platforms with a deeper look at the viral moments from Hollywood’s big night and exclusive Oscar coverage of the biggest after-parties – including Elton John’s annual post-Oscar bash with ETALK L.A. correspondent Liz Trinnear. With updates from the Governor’s Ball, Vanity Fair party, and more, ETALK reveals candid moments that occurred backstage during the awards ceremony and exclusive red carpet highlights during its OSCARS recap – last year’s most-watched OSCARS recap among total viewers – airing Monday, Feb. 10 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and everywhere CTV content can be found. ETALK’s full post-OSCARS coverage can also be found on Etalk.ca/Oscars and @etalkctv.
“I’m so excited to be back on the red carpet representing CTV and fronting ETALK AT THE OSCARS for one of the most-buzzed about events of the year,” said ETALK Anchor Ben Mulroney. “Year after year, ETALK receives a coveted spot right at the top of the carpet as stars arrive, ensuring that we have full access to all the biggest celebrities in attendance that night.”
“I’m beyond humbled to have won a CSA award last year for ETALK LIVE FROM THE OSCARS BALCONY, and so excited to be back reporting on all the juicy celebrity interactions that we can see from our incredible vantage point up top,” said ETALK anchor Lainey Lui. “Plus, I’m thrilled that Danielle is taking time from of her maternity leave to return to the balcony – it’s our Oscar home and I couldn’t do this without her!”
“Once again, ETALK is pulling out all the stops to deliver Canada’s most comprehensive coverage of the most talked-about night on television,” said Nanci MacLean, Vice-President, Bell Media Production and President, Pinewood Toronto Studios. “Leading in to the OSCARS, ETALK LIVE AT THE OSCARS brings exclusive content, plus we are so excited to invite viewers to tune in to CSA award-winning digital special, ETALK LIVE FROM THE OSCARS BALCONY, as Danielle and Lainey deliver another uncensored digital show like no other.”
- The exclusive lead-in to the OSCARS live broadcast, OSCARS: LIVE ON THE RED CARPET airs live across the country at 6:30 m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT on CTV and everywhere CTV content can be found. The coverage showcases the nominees, presenters, and performers as they arrive on the red carpet.
- Then, the OSCARS airs live across the country at 8 p.m. ET/5m. PT on CTV and everywhere CTV content can be found from the Dolby Theatre® at the Hollywood and Highland Center® in Hollywood. Confirmed presenters to date include: Mahershala Ali, Zazie Beetz, Timothée Chalamet, Olivia Colman, James Corden, Penélope Cruz, Beanie Feldstein, Will Ferrell, Gal Gadot, Zack Gottsagen, Mindy Kaling, Diane Keaton, Regina King, Shia LaBeouf, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, George MacKay, Rami Malek, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Steve Martin, Anthony Ramos, Keanu Reeves, Maya Rudolph, Mark Ruffalo, Kelly Marie Tran, Sigourney Weaver, and Kristen Wiig.
- The night before the OSCARS on Feb. 8, viewers can prepare their award show cuisine as Mary Berg transports her guests to Old Hollywood with retro-themed crab cakes and fondue at her annual award show screening party, Saturday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and everywhere CTV content can be found.
- For pre-OSCARS coverage, including the latest news, exclusive interviews with this year’s nominees, fashion deep-dives and more, visit ca/Oscars
- Throughout the night on Feb. 9, viewers can follow along live on @etalkctv for the most-buzzed about moments on the carpet as they happen and join the conversation using #EtalkRedCarpet. Plus, highlights and interviews from the red carpet will also be available online at Etalk.ca, CTV.ca and the CTV app.
- CTV’s live broadcast of the OSCARS is complemented, once again, by extensive digital coverage on ca/Oscars.
- CTV.ca/Oscars will house a live stream of the awards show, including all awards and speeches, all the red carpet specials, and an on-demand replay of the broadcast.
- CTV.ca/Oscars is home to video highlights of the biggest moments from the broadcast show and other exclusive online content not seen during the broadcast.