Hockey season is less than a month away, Canada! Starting October 11, Sportsnet returns as Canada’s ultimate hockey hub for the 2023-24 NHL regular season, delivering end-to-end multiplatform coverage across TV, audio, digital and live streaming on Sportsnet+ (formerly SN NOW). As both the exclusive national home of the NHL and long-term regional league broadcast partner, Sportsnet will serve up national and regional coverage of all 82 Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Vancouver Canucks games this season, plus 56 exclusive national and regional Toronto Maple Leafs broadcasts, across all platforms throughout the 2023-24 NHL campaign. (Full details below; complete schedules available online*).
For even more NHL action, hockey fans from coast-to-coast-to-coast can live stream more than 1,000 national and out-of-market games, including all Stanley Cup Playoffs matchups, exclusively on Sportsnet+ PREMIUM.
NHL on Sportsnet – Regional Broadcast Schedules
Canucks on Sportsnet
Returning to Rogers Arena and on the road, Sportsnet is set to deliver 58 regional Vancouver Canucks games this season on Sportsnet Pacific, Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360 and Citytv Vancouver. Starting October 17, regional Canucks coverage features:
- The debut of Sportsnet’s new regional broadcast team – Announcer John Shorthouse with the play-by-play call, alongside new game analyst Dave Tomlinson and host Dan Murphy. Ray Ferraro also joins the Sportsnet broadcast team as game analyst on select regional Canucks games throughout the season.
- 16 divisional showdowns, including four matchups against reigning 2023 Stanley Cup champion Vegas Golden Knights
- Two meetings with U.S. neighbours where new captain Quinn Hughes and the Canucks take on Matty Beniers and the Seattle Kraken on Nov. 24 and Feb. 22.
Oilers on Sportsnet
Reaching fans across Alberta, Sportsnet West and Sportsnet Oilers will deliver 58 regional matchups this season. Beginning October 17, regional Oilers on Sportsnet coverage includes:
- The return of Oilers regional broadcast team – play-by-play announcer Jack Michaels, alongside game analyst Louie DeBrusk and host Gene Principe
- 13 clashes with Pacific division rivals, including a faceoff with Canadian rival Vancouver Canucks on Nov. 6.
- Former Oilers Kostin and the Detroit Red Wings meet Connor McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers on Jan. 11 and Feb. 13.
Flames on Sportsnet
Returning to screens across Alberta, Sportsnet West, Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360 and Sportsnet Flames will be the home for 58 regional Calgary games this season. Beginning Oct. 16, regional Flames on Sportsnet coverage features:
- Play-by-play calls from veteran announcer Rick Ball and game analyst Kelly Hrudey, with host Ryan Leslie delivering the latest updates around the rink.
- Calgary heads to New Jersey on Feb. 8 to face former Flames forward Tyler Toffoli and the Devils
- The Flames ring in the New Year at home as they host Carter Hart and the Philadelphia Flyers on Dec. 31
Maple Leafs on Sportsnet
Sportsnet will be the exclusive destination of 56 regional and national Maple Leafs broadcasts this season. Sportsnet’s regional coverage of the Blue & White includes:
- The Maple Leafs on SN broadcast team: Play-by-play broadcaster Chris Cuthbert, game analyst Craig Simpson and host Shawn McKenzie
- 6 Atlantic division matchups, including 3 head-to-heads against Tampa Bay Lightning on Nov. 6, April 3, and April 17 and a battle against long-time rivals, Boston Bruins on Nov. 2.
- Two Battle of Ontario showdowns with the Ottawa Senators on Nov. 8 and Dec. 27.
NHL on Sportsnet Radio Network
Accompanying Sportsnet’s TV and streaming coverage of hockey’s biggest names and games, fans can tune into the live NHL action across the Sportsnet Radio Network:
- In Vancouver – Sportsnet 650 delivers every moment of the Canucks season across all 82 games. Play-by-play announcer Brendan Batchelor and game analyst Randip Janda have the call throughout the season. Dan Riccio and Satiar Shah have pre-game covered on Canucks Central and Satiar Shah and Bik Nizzar finish off with post-game coverage.
- In Calgary – Sportsnet 960 the FAN is set to bring Calgary hockey fans live radio coverage of all 82 Flames games. Derek Wills returns to the Flames radio broadcast team with the call, with game analyst, Meaghan Mikkelson making her Sportsnet debut. Flames Talk with Pat Steinberg bookends Calgary’s game day headlines and highlights with pre- and post-game coverage.
- In Toronto – Sportsnet 590 The FAN has GTA hockey fans covered with 41 Maple Leafs live radio broadcasts throughout the regular season. Veteran play-by-play announcer Joe Bowen returns to the Maple Leafs broadcast booth alongside analyst Jim Ralph. New this season, Ailish Forfar and Justin Cuthbert host pregame and intermissions, followed by Leafs Talk with JD Bunkis and Sam McKee for instant postgame reaction.
As the home of the NHL in Canada, Sportsnet is set to deliver 280+ national broadcasts this season. Complementing the network’s national schedule, Sportsnet will broadcast more than 190 regional games as the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN), Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN) and Vancouver Canucks. Sportsnet is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications, a proud partner of the Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs.
*Some regional restrictions may apply