As the next generation of hockey stars begin their NHL journey, Sportsnet is set to deliver every moment of the 2020 NHL Draft presented by Team Rogers Community Draft, starting tomorrow. In a league first, the Draft will take place virtually, featuring live introductions from NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, real-time announcements from NHL GMs and reactions from the top 40+ NHL draft picks on live streams coming from across North America and around the globe.
Exclusive coverage of Round 1 begins tonight at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet, Sportsnet Radio Network and SN NOW, followed by Wednesday’s coverage of Rounds 2-7 beginning at 11:30 a.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. PT on Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW.
Serving up socially-distanced 2020 Draft class commentary, Sportsnet’s all-star roster of NHL Insiders, analysts and reporters will be on-hand to deliver the latest news, moves and more from every Canadian city. Sportsnet’s exclusive 2020 NHL Draft broadcast line-up includes:
TV & Streaming
- Main Desk – Host Jeff Marek and analysts Brian Burke and Sam Cosentino deliver the latest Draft updates
- The Insiders – Elliotte Friedman and former NHL Assistant GM Mike Futa evaluate picks and trades by each team
- Across Canada – Sportsnet’s hockey reporters provide remote updates from each Canadian NHL city: Eric Engels (Montreal), Kyle Bukauskas (Ottawa), Shawn McKenzie (Toronto), Sean Reynolds (Winnipeg), Ryan Leslie (Calgary), Gene Prinicipe (Edmonton) and Dan Murphy (Vancouver).
- Features – Sportsnet takes an in-depth look at consensus #1 draft pick Alexis Lafrenière and his journey to the NHL
For hockey fans on the go coast-to-coast-to-coast, the Sportsnet Radio Network is set to deliver live NHL Draft coverage on Tuesday. Starting tomorrow at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT, Sportsnet radio teams will provide live breaking stories from each round of the draft. Sportsnet’s radio line-up includes:
- Sportsnet 590 (Toronto) – Nick Alberga and Gord Stellick
- Sportsnet 960 (Calgary) – Round 1: Will Nault and Pat Steinberg; Rounds 2-7: Nault, Ryan Pinder and Steinberg
- Sportsnet 650 (Vancouver) – Round 1: Satiar Shah and Andrew Walker; Rounds 2-7: Randip Janda, Dan Riccio, Scott Rintoul and Shah
As a one-stop-shop for Canada’s hockey fans, Sportsnet’s NHL Draft Guide coverage includes:
- Pick-by-pick coverage and in-depth profiles of the top NHL prospects
- A real-time blog with Luke Fox to break down the latest Draft news
- The latest prospect rankings and mock draft with junior hockey insider Sam Cosentino
- A post-Draft special edition of 31 Thoughts Podcast with Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek, featuring top prospects Quinton Byfield and Jamie Drysdale
- Live updates and moments that matter on Sportsnet’s Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts