Sportsnet heads west to Kamloops, B.C. this Saturday to celebrate the 16th annual Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada – Canada’s biggest single-day hockey celebration. The 13.5-hour broadcast, headlined by an NHL tripleheader featuring all seven Canadian teams, kicks off at Noon ET / 9 a.m. PT onSportsnet and CBC. All games are available on the new-look Rogers NHL GameCentre Live, with the Toronto @ Ottawa game available in 4K for Rogers customers on NextBox 4K on Channel 999 (full broadcast details below).
Host Ron MacLean will be front-and-centre at Sandman Centre in Kamloops to host the festivities alongside multiple special guests, including Don Cherry, NHL alumni Wendel Clark, Cory Cross, Corey Hirsch, Trevor Linden, Lanny McDonald, Kirk McLean, Mark Napier, Wade Redden, and Darcy Tucker. Western Hockey League Commissioner Ron Robison and Sportsnet Central morning hosts Caroline Cameron and James Cybulski will also make special appearances during the broadcast.
Additionally, MacLean sits down with President and CEO of Hockey Canada Tom Renney, former NHLer Mark Recchi, and three-time Olympic Winter Games gold medallist Meghan Agosta to discuss the current state of minor hockey in Canada.
Throughout the broadcast, Sportsnet will showcase several stories that represent the spirit of teamwork, including the following features:
- Meet the players of the Toronto Gay Hockey Association, celebrating their 25th anniversary and reflecting on the importance of being a part of the game
- Kamloops Blazers defenceman Jermaine Loewen reflects of his remarkable journey – from an orphanage to the Western Hockey League
- Sportsnet’s Jim Hughson weighs in on the value of being part of a team, which he argues goes well beyond winning a championship
In addition to the festivities in Kamloops, Sportsnet will also feature a look at hockey celebrations happening in various communities across the country. Locations include:
- Yellowknife, NWT: Sportsnet’s Irfaan Gaffar is on the ground at Yellowknife Community Arena
- Yorkton, SK: Sean Reynolds reports from the festivities alongside NHL alumni Marty McSorley
- Saugeen Shores, ON: Three-time Olympic Winter Games gold medallist Jennifer Botterill reports on the action as the CWHL hosts a game between the Boston Blades and the Toronto Furies
Canadians can visit Sportsnet.ca/hockeyday and use the hashtag #HockeyDay to join the conversation and connect with fans from coast-to-coast.
This year’s Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada marks the 16th edition of the celebration. In addition to the broadcast, this year’s festivities in Kamloops include a Celebrity Luncheon, the annual Pro-Am Alumni Game, WHL 50th Anniversary celebrations, “The Music of Hockey” concert, hockey clinics, and more.
Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada broadcast schedule:
*All games available on the new look Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE
Saturday, Feb. 6
- Noon ET / 9 a.m. PT – Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada: Celebrating the Game – Part 1 (CBC and Sportsnet)
Host: Ron MacLean – live from outside the Sandman Centre in Kamloops
- 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT – Edmonton Oilers @ Montreal Canadiens (CBC and Sportsnet)
Play-by-Play: Bob Cole; Analyst: Greg Millen; Reporters: Gene Principe
- 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT – Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada: Celebrating the Game – Part 2 (CBC and Sportsnet)
- 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT – Hockey Central Saturday
Host: George Stroumboulopoulos; Studio Analysts: Elliotte Friedman, Kelly Hrudey and Nick Kypreos
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators (CBC and Sportsnet)
Play-by-Play: Jim Hughson; Analyst: Craig Simpson; Reporters: David Amber and Glenn Healy
*Game available in 4K on Channel 999 for Rogers customers with a NextBox 4K set top box and a 4K TV
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – Pittsburgh Penguins @ Florida Panthers (City)
First Intermission: Coach’s Corner with Don Cherry and Ron MacLean, live from Kamloops
- 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT – Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche (Sportsnet)
Play-by-Play: Dave Randorf; Analyst: Garry Galley; Reporter: Cassie Campbell-Pascall
- 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT – Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks (CBC)
Play-by-Play: Paul Romanuk; Analyst: Mike Johnson; Reporters: Scott Oake
- 1 a.m. ET / 10 p.m. PT – Hockey Central Post-Game (CBC)
Host: Stroumboulopoulos; Studio Analysts: Friedman, Hrudey and Kypreos
*NOTE: Commentator schedule is subject to change