This month on CraveTV, don’t miss the latest programming from SHOWTIME, the debut of Starz’s hit action-drama BLACK SAILS, all-new collections highlighted by the Canadian Screen Award Nominees Collection, plus the introduction of even more premium HBO content headlined by the arrival of GAME OF THRONES. New series, documentaries, and specials that begin streaming in February include:
- As was teased at the winter 2018 Television Critics Association tour, an episode of SHOWTIME’s new animated series OUR CARTOON PRESIDENT will feature Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s “abs…along with his good looks and charm.” Executive produced by multiple Emmy®-winner Stephen Colbert, Chris Licht, and showrunner R.J. Fried, the new parody series begins streaming on CraveTV with a special two-episode premiere, Sunday, February 11 at 8 and 8:30 p.m. ET, day-and-date with SHOWTIME in the U.S. The 10-episode, half-hour series follows the tru-ish misadventures of the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, and his merry band of advisors and family members. In this parallel cartoon universe, the Commander-in-Chief opens the White House doors for an “all access” look at a typical day in the life of the President.
- As was recently announced, CraveTV’s HBO Collection is expanding with the addition of GAME OF THRONES, GIRLS, and THE YOUNG POPE in February. Over the coming months, new titles like THE LEFTOVERS, SILICON VALLEY, VICE PRINCIPALS, and BALLERS will also join the service, streaming on Fridays as part of CraveTV’s #iCraveFridays weekly roll-out.Following its award-winning, critically acclaimed, and heavily debated television run, all six seasons of Lena Dunham and Judd Apatow’s GIRLS begin streaming on Friday, February 9. On Friday, February 16, Seasons 1-3 of the epic fantasy series GAME OF THRONES land on CraveTV, with Seasons 4-5 to follow, and the remaining seasons to be added throughout the year. Rounding out the new HBO lineup for February is HBO’s Emmy and Golden Globe® nominated THE YOUNG POPE. The 10-part limited series starring Jude Law begins streaming on Friday, February 23.
- Following its recent world premiere at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival, SHOWTIME’s new five-part docu-series THE TRADE puts a spotlight on the opioid crisis through the eyes of those most affected: the growers, addicts, cartel bosses and law enforcement hopelessly caught in its web. From director and executive producer Matthew Heineman (Oscar® -nominee for Cartel Land), THE TRADE begins streaming on Friday, February 2 at 9 p.m. ET, day-and-date with SHOWTIME in the U.S.
- On the heels of the recent announcement that Bell Media is bringing Starz to Canada, Season 1 of executive producer Michael Bay’s Emmy-winning Starz original series BLACK SAILS lands on CraveTV beginning Friday, February 23. The adventure drama series takes place 20 years prior to Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic novel Treasure Island, and follows the most feared pirate of the day, Captain Flint (Toby Stephens). In the eight-episode first season, Flint takes on a fast-talking young addition to his crew who goes by the name John Silver (Luke Arnold). Threatened with extinction on all sides, they fight for the survival of New Providence Island, the most notorious criminal haven of its day – a debauched paradise teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves, and fortune seekers, defined by both its enlightened ideals and its stunning brutality.
- EDDIE GRIFFIN: UNDENIABLE is a new stand-up special from SHOWTIME streaming Friday, February 9 at 10 p.m. ET, day-and-date with SHOWTIME in the U.S. Celebrating his 30-year anniversary in comedy, veteran comedian Eddie Griffin takes to the stage to offer his prolific and entertaining point of view on the state of the world, tackling politics, racism, relationships, religion, and humanity as a whole.
- An official selection of the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival, the new documentary ERIC CLAPTON: LIFE IN 12 BARS explores the iconic musician’s role in contemporary music and cultural history. Told through his own words, the documentary reflects on Clapton’s traumatic childhood, his difficult struggle with drugs and alcohol, the loss of his son, and how he always found his inner strength and healing in music. ERIC CLAPTON: LIFE IN 12 BARS streams Saturday, February 10 at 8 p.m. ET, day-and-date with SHOWTIME in the U.S.
- Following its recent broadcast premiere on CTV, the music special U2: Live in London: The Director’s Cut streams on Friday, February 16. An extended, commercial-free edition that includes songs not broadcast on the original version, the special features the two-time Golden Globe and 22-time Grammy® winning band as they perform some of their biggest hits and new tracks from the legendary Abbey Road Studios. The special features exclusive behind-the-scenes and backstage footage as the band prepared for their 2017 Joshua Tree Tour.
- THE LAUNCH: DIRECTOR’S CUT continues on CraveTV, Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET streaming immediately after the CTV broadcast. Each episode is a commercial-free extended version of that night’s episode, giving viewers an authentic, behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to break a new artist and launch a new original song to the world.
- In celebration of the upcoming 2018 Canadian Screen Awards, CraveTV presents the all-new Canadian Screen Award Nominees Collection. Available now, the collection puts a spotlight on CSA-nominated original productions like LETTERKENNY, CARDINAL, THE DISAPPEARANCE, 19-2, W5, FRONTIER, THE BEAVERTON, LONG TIME RUNNING, and more. Additional collections launching in February include: the Valentine’s Day Episodes Collection (February 1); Black History Month Collection (February 1); and Leading Women Collection (February 8).
Additional information about CraveTV’s February lineup is outlined below. Program assets, including episode synopses and images are available at BellMedia.ca/pr.
SHOWTIME SERIES, DOCUMENTARIES & SPECIALS:
THE TRADE, Episode 1 (February 2 @ 9 p.m. ET)
THE TRADE, Episode 2 (February 9 @ 9 p.m. ET)
EDDIE GRIFFIN: UNDENIABLE (February 9 @ 10 p.m. ET)
ERIC CLAPTON: LIFE IN 12 BARS (February 10 @ 8 p.m. ET)
OUR CARTOON PRESIDENT, Season 1, Episode 1 (February 11 @ 8 p.m. ET)
OUR CARTOON PRESIDENT, Season 1, Episode 2 (February 11 @ 8:30 p.m. ET)
THE CHI, Season 1, Episode 5 (February 11 @ 10 p.m. ET)
THE TRADE, Episode 3 (February 16 @ 9 p.m. ET)
WORD IS BOND (February 16 @ 10 p.m. ET)
OUR CARTOON PRESIDENT, Season 1, Episode 3 (February 18 @ 8 p.m. ET)
THE CHI, Season 1, Episode 6 (February 18 @ 10 p.m. ET)
THE TRADE, Episode 4 (February 23 @ 9 p.m. ET)
OUR CARTOON PRESIDENT, Season 1, Episode 4 (February 25 @ 8 p.m. ET)
THE CHI, Season 1, Episode 7 (February 25 @ 10 p.m. ET)
SPOTLIGHT ON CANADA:
THE BEAVERTON, Season 2, Episode 12 (February 2)
W5, Season 52, Episode 13 (February 2)
THE LAUNCH: DIRECTOR’S CUT, Season 1, Episode 5 (February 7 @ 10 p.m. ET)
THE BEAVERTON, Season 2, Episode 13 *SEASON FINALE* (February 9)
W5, Season 52, Episode 14 (February 9)
A IS FOR APPLE, Season 2 (February 9)
FLOUR POWER, Season 1 (February 9)
THE LATIN KITCHEN, Season 1 (February 9)
URBAN VEGETARIAN, Season 1 (February 9)
THE LAUNCH: DIRECTOR’S CUT, Season 1, Episode 6 (February 14 @ 10 p.m. ET)
W5, Season 52, Episode 15 (February 16)
THE LAUNCH: DIRECTOR’S CUT, Season 1, Episode 7 *SEASON FINALE* (February 21 @ 10 p.m. ET)
W5, Season 52, Episode 16 (February 23)
THE 3RD ANNUAL HOWIE MANDEL STAND-UP GALA (February 23)
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, Season 1, Episode 14 (February 5 @ 8 p.m. ET)
AFTER TREK, Season 1, Episode 13 (February 5 @ 9 p.m. ET)
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, Season 1, Episode 15 *SEASON FINALE* (February 12 @ 8 p.m. ET)
AFTER TREK, Season 1, Episode 14 *SEASON FINALE* (February 12 @ 9 p.m. ET)
COUNTERPART, Season 1, Episode 3 (February 4 @ 8 p.m. ET)
COUNTERPART, Season 1, Episode 4 (February 11 @ 8 p.m. ET)
COUNTERPART, Season 1, Episode 5 (February 18 @ 8 p.m. ET)
COUNTERPART, Season 1, Episode 6 (February 25 @ 8 p.m. ET)
CraveTV EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOKS:
CARDINAL, Season 2, Episode 6 *Season Finale* (February 7 @ 9 p.m. ET)
BECOMING WARREN BUFFET (February 2)
JEFF ROSS ROASTS COPS (February 2)
JEFF ROSS ROASTS AMERICA (February 2)
JEFF ROSS ROASTS CRIMINALS: LIVE FROM THE BRAZOS COUNTY JAIL (February 2)
DEADLY WOMEN, Season 5 (February 2)
FACING EVIL WITH CANDICE DELONG, Season 2 (February 2)
GIRLS, Seasons 1-6 (February 9)
THE ROYALS, Season 5 (February 9)
GAME OF THRONES, Seasons 1-3 (February 16)
U2: LIVE IN LONDON: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT (February 16)
TANKED, Season 3 (February 16)
FEAR THY NEIGHBOUR, Season 1 (February 16)
TRUE CRIME WITH APHRODITE JONES, Season 3 (February 16)
THE YOUNG POPE (February 23)
BLACK SAILS, Season 1 (February 23)
YUKON MEN, Season 2-3 (February 23)
ADNAN SYED: INNOCENT OR GUILTY (February 23)
LAST CHANCE PROGRAMMING:
CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, Season 1-6 (February 23)
LOW COUNTRY RAIDERS (February 25)
EARTH FROM SPACE (February 28)
BILLIONS (Season 3)
SILICON VALLEY (Seasons 1-3)
THE LEFTOVERS (The Complete Series)