Highlights This Week
- Co-starring Tatiana Maslany, HBO’s new drama series PERRY MASON premieres Sunday, June 21 at 9 p.m. ET. In Los Angeles, 1932, on the heels of an unsavory investigation involving a famous comedian, Perry Mason (Matthew Rhys) – a PI struggling to make ends meet – and his right-hand man Pete Strickland (Shea Whigham), are hired by attorney E.B. Jonathan (John Lithgow), Perry’s mentor, to solve a perplexing case: the brutal kidnapping of one-year-old Charlie Dodson, whose parents Matthew (Nate Corddry) and Emily (Gayle Rankin) were targeted for a $100,000 ransom. After meeting with Herman Baggerly (Robert Patrick), a millionaire elder at the Dodsons’ church, Perry, E.B., and E.B.’s legal secretary Della Street (Juliet Rylance) ponder why a family of unmistakably modest means would be extorted for such a steep price. Maslany (ORPHAN BLACK) plays Sister Alice, the leader of the Radiant Assembly of God, preaching three sermons a day to a hungry congregation and a radio audience that spans the country. Entertainer, politician, God’s conduit to the City of Angels, Sister Alice wields great power when she speaks, and plans to use it in ways only she can know. The drama series is executive produced by Robert Downey Jr. (IRONMAN, THE AVENGERS).
- Created by Emmy® winner Lena Waithe, SHOWTIME’s THE CHI returns for Season 3 on Sunday, June 21 at 9 p.m. ET. In the season premiere, a wedding alters Kevin and Kiesha’s lives. Emmett juggles his business and his growing family. Ronnie struggles to find his way. Jake’s estranged brother Trig lands back in town on a mission.
- I STILL BELIEVE tells the true-life story of Christian music star Jeremy Camp (KJ Apa) and his journey of love and loss that looks to prove there is always hope. The film debuts on STARZ on June 19.
- The Crave and TIFF Stay-at-Home Cinema initiative continues with a Q&A and Crave screening of the TIFF 2018 selection WIDOWS on Friday, June 19 starting at 7 p.m. ET recognizing Juneteenth, the oldest national commemoration of the end of slavery in the United States. Guest to be announced. For all the details on how to participate, click HERE.
- Amplifying Black voices and learning from Black experiences is imperative in confronting systemic racism and social oppression. In solidarity with Black communities across Canada and in line with Bell Media’s Content Diversity Task Force, Crave is shining a light on Black stories with two curated collections: The Continued Fight for Civil Rights and Black Excellence.
What Critics Are Saying about Crave’s I MAY DESTROY YOU:
- “Unsettling but necessary viewing: HBO’S I May Destroy You”
John Doyle, The Globe and Mail
- “If You’re Not Watching This Show, You’re Missing The Best TV Performance of 2020”
Kathleen Newman-Bremang, Refinery29
Crave Audience Metrics
Crave continues to have Canadians covered, delivering the best movies, TV series, and original hits all in one place. BILLIONS, LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER, and LOVE LIFE comprise the Top 3 for the second week in a row while AD ASTRA jumps to the #4 spot after its first week of release on Crave. Here are the Top 10 programs being watched on Crave for the week of June 10-16:
- LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER
- LOVE LIFE
- AD ASTRA
- RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE ALL STARS
- KILLING EVE
- GAME OF THRONES
- SOUTH PARK
What to Watch for the Week of June 18 – 24
*All Programming Subject to Change
- The mystery continues to unfold when STARZ’s crime drama HIGHTOWN continues with a new episode dropping Sunday, June 21. From Executive Producer Jerry Bruckheimer, the series is set on iconic Cape Cod, following one woman’s journey to sobriety, intertwined with an unfolding murder investigation. In this week’s episode, Jackie and Junior struggle to cope in the wake of a traumatic event. Ray’s investigation picks up speed. Ray is there for Renee when she really needs him.
- HBO’s drama series I MAY DESTROY YOU continues with a new episode Monday, June 22 at 9 p.m. ET. This week’s episode takes place three months earlier when Terry (Weruche Opia) visits Arabella (Michaela Coel) in Ostia, Italy, where she’s living large on her agents’ dime. After procuring party favours, Arabella and Terry each have a wild night of their own.
- CROSSING SWORDS follows the story of Patrick, a good hearted peasant who lands a coveted squire positon at the royal castle however his dream job quickly turns into a nightmare when he learns his beloved kingdom is run by a hornet’s nest of horny monarchs, crooks and charlatans. Even worse, Patrick’s valor made him the black sheep in his family, and now his criminal siblings have returned to make his life hell. War, murder, full-frontal nudity – who knew brightly covered peg people led such exciting lives? The new stop-motion animated comedy series premieres Thursday, June 18 at 10:30 p.m. ET.
- All-new episodes this week include SHELTER IN PLACE (Thursday, June 18 at 10:30 p.m. ET); RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE: ALL STARS (Friday, June 19 at 9:30 p.m. ET); REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER (June 19, live at 10 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning); HIGHTOWN (Sunday, June 21); VICE (Sunday, June 21 at 8 p.m. ET); PERRY MASON (Sunday, June 21 at 9 p.m. ET); THE CHI (Sunday, June 21 at 9 p.m. ET); PENNY DREADFUL: CITY OF ANGELS (Sunday, June 21 at 10 p.m. ET); and I MAY DESTROY YOU (Monday, June 22 at 9 p.m. ET).
Complete listings for the week of June 18 – 24
*All Programming Subject to Change
LEGENDARY, Season 1, Episode 5 (June 18)
BULLY.COWARD. VICTIM. THE STORY OF ROY COHN (June 18 at 9 p.m. ET)
TRACKERS, Season 1, Episode 3 (June 19 at 11:30 p.m. ET)
REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER, Season 18, Episode 19 (June 19, live at 10 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning)
PERRY MASON, Season 1, Episode 1 *Series Premiere* (June 21 at 9 p.m. ET)
LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER, Season 7, Episode 16 (June 21, live at 11 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning)
I MAY DESTROY YOU, Season 1, Episode 2 (June 22 at 9 p.m. ET)
AXIOS, Season 3, Episode 9 (June 22, live at 11 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning)
TWINS (June 19)
GRAND ISLE (June 19)
VICE, Season 1, Episode 13 (June 14 at 8 p.m. ET)
THE CHI, Season 3, Episode 1 *Season Premiere* (June 21 at 9 p.m. ET)
PENNY DREADFUL: CITY OF ANGELS, Season 1, Episode 9 (June 21 at 10 p.m. ET)
9 to 5 (June 19)
I STILL BELIEVE (June 19)
LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE (June 19)
PARENTHOOD (June 19)
ALL THE PRESIDENT’S MEN (June 19)
THE DEPARTED (June 19)
THE FISHER KING (June 19)
THE AVIATOR (June 19)
HIGHTOWN, Season 1, Episode 6 (June 21)
CROSSING SWORDS, Season 1, Episode 1 *Season Premiere* (June 18 at 10:30 p.m. ET)
SHELTER IN PLACE WITH SHANE SMITH, Season 1, Episode 13 (June 18 at 10:30 p.m. ET)
DOG TALES RESCUE, Season 2 (June 19)
HIGHWAY THRU HELL, Season 4-5 (June 19)
OGGY AND THE COCKROACHES, Season 4 (June 19)
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE: ALL STARS, Season 5, Episode 3 (June 19 at 9:30 p.m. ET)