Highlights This Week
- The dark comedy series TWO WEEKS TO LIVE begins streaming on Crave on Thursday, Jan. 7. Produced by Kudos, part of Banijay UK, the series tells a comic tale of love and revenge born from a seemingly harmless prank that goes terribly wrong. Kim Noakes (Maisie Williams, GAME OF THRONES), an early 20-something oddball who, since the murder of her father, has been sequestered away in the wilderness with her doomsday-prepping mother for most of her life. Feeling compelled to go on a belated coming-of-age adventure, Kim sets out to find her dad’s killer and along the way, ropes mismatched brothers Jay (Taheen Modak) and Nicky (Mawaan Rizwan) into her scheme. TWO WEEKS TO LIVE follows a weekly release schedule, with new episodes dropping Thursdays.
- The eight-episode drama series NO MAN’S LAND premieres Sunday, Jan. 10 and dives into the depths of the Syrian civil war through the eyes of Antoine, a young French man, in search of his estranged, presumed to be dead sister. While unraveling the mystery, piece by piece, Antoine ends up joining forces with a unit of Kurdish female fighters, fierce women and ISIS’ biggest nightmare, and travels with them in ISIS occupied territory. Antoine’s journey crosses paths with adventurers and anarchists, spies and innocent victims, and provides a unique look at the tragic events in Syria and the way they affect the entire world. The series stars Félix Moati (The French Dispatch), Mélanie Thierry (La Douleur), and James Purefoy (ALTERED CARBON) alongside Souheila Yacoub, Jo Ben Ayed, James Krishna Floyd, Dean Ridge, Julia Faure, François Carbon, and Céline Samie. NO MAN’S LAND follows a weekly release schedule, with new episodes premiering Sundays on STARZ.
- SHOWTIME’s political documentary series THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE GREATEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH returns for Season 6 on Sunday, Jan. 10 at 8 p.m. ET, bringing viewers behind the scenes of US politics just after the crucial Georgia run-off elections that will determine control of the Senate. For the new season, Jennifer Palmieri, Communications Director for the Clinton 2016 Presidential Campaign and White House Communications Director for President Obama, joins John Heilemann, Alex Wagner, and Mark McKinnon as co-host. THE CIRCUS follows a weekly release schedule, with new episodes Sundays at 8 p.m. ET.
- TIGER is a two-part documentary from HBO Sports offering a revealing look at the rise, fall, and epic comeback of global icon Tiger Woods. The documentary paints an intimate picture of the prodigy whose dedication and obsession with the game of golf not only took his fame and success to new heights, but also down a dark, spiraling road that eventually led to a legendary sports comeback, culminated by his victory at the 2019 Masters. The documentary features never-before-seen-footage and interviews with those who know Tiger Woods best, including his former caddy and close friend Steve Williams; golf legend Sir Nick Faldo; his father Earl Woods’ friend and biographer, Pete McDaniel; Tiger’s first true love, Dina Parr; and Rachel Uchitel, the woman at the center of the sex scandal that forever altered Tiger’s world, breaking her silence for the first time. TIGER Part 1 premieres Sunday, Jan. 10 at 9 p.m. ET, and Part 2 will premiere a week later on Sunday, Jan. 17 at 9 p.m. ET.
What Critics Are Saying About Crave Original Series LETTERKENNY
LETTERKENNY: The hard-to-explain Canadian masterpiece
“The show, with eight seasons already and several special episodes, is one of the great triumphs, not just of Canadian TV, but of the general culture. Unique, it’s a rogue series that now stands as a masterpiece. Some TV series get awards and others get critical acclaim.”
– John Doyle, The Globe and Mail
‘LETTERKENNY’ Season 9 Offers Queef Jokes and Emotional Maturity
“Dan (K. Trevor Wilson) and Darry (Nathan Dales) are in top teddybear form this season, as well, with their softer sides shining through more than ever. The season kicks off in the winter months, and, thanks to a town-wide sleepover filled with girl talk, movies and board games, these cozy vibes […] really help set the mood for LETTERKENNY’s most emotionally mature season yet.”
– Allie Gregory, Exclaim!
Crave Audience Metrics
Crave continues to have Canadians covered, delivering the best movies, TV series, and original hits all in one place. SHOWTIME’s new legal thriller YOUR HONOR moves into the #1 spot, followed by Crave Original LETTERKENNY at #2. RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE joins the list at #3 following its Season 13 premiere, while FRIENDS debuts at #4 after joining Crave on December 31. Here are the Top 10 most-watched programs on Crave for the week of December 30 – January 5:
- YOUR HONOR
- RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY
- THE KING OF STATEN ISLAND
- FLIGHT ATTENDANT
- GAME OF THRONES
- HIS DARK MATERIALS
What to Watch for the Week of January 7 – 13
*All Programming Subject to Change
- SHOWTIME’s legal thriller YOUR HONOR, starring Bryan Cranston (BREAKING BAD), continues Sunday, Jan. 10 at 10 p.m. ET. In the sixth episode, Adam (Hunter Doohan) spends the day with a dangerous new love interest, while Michael (Cranston) searches for his blackmailer. Lee (Carmen Ejogo) ramps up her involvement in Kofi’s (Lamar Johnson) case.
- The final season of SHOWTIME’s hit comedy series SHAMELESS continues Sunday, Jan. 10 at 9 p.m. ET. In Episode 4, Frank (William H. Macy), Kev (Steve Howey), and Liam (Christian Isaiah) plot to get rid of the Milkoviches. Mickey (Noel Fisher) starts a new security gig. V (Shanola Hampton) and Debbie (Emma Kenney) turn into stage moms at a beauty pageant. Lip (Jeremy Allen White) goes to brunch with Tami (Kate Miner) and her old Teacher.
- In HBO’s new Spanish-language drama series 30 COINS nothing is as it seems, and nobody can be trusted. In Episode 3, Elena (Megan Montaner) and Paco (Miguel Ángel Silvestre) discover that a local mirror is haunted. When Father Vergara (Eduard Fernández) spends the night investigating the mirror’s trickery, he risks being swept into its deathly portal.
- All-new episodes include; STAR TREK: DISCOVERY (Friday, Jan. 8); NO MAN’S LAND (Sunday, Jan. 10); SHAMELESS (Sunday, Jan. 10 at 9 p.m. ET); YOUR HONOR (Sunday, Jan. 10 at 10 p.m. ET); 30 COINS (Monday, Jan. 11 at 9 p.m. ET); and THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL (Tuesday, Jan. 12).
Complete listings for the week of January 7 – 13
*All Programming Subject to Change
HBO and HBO Max
TWO WEEKS TO LIVE, Season 1, Episode 1 *Series Premiere* (January 7)
TIGER, Part 1 *Documentary Premiere* (January 10 at 9 p.m. ET)
30 COINS, Season 1, Episode 3 (January 11 at 9 p.m. ET)
RADIOACTIVE (January 8)
THE TURNING (January 8)
THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE GREATEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, Season 6, Episode 1 *Season Premiere* (January 10 at 8 p.m. ET)
YOUR HONOR, Season 1, Episode 6 (January 10 at 10 p.m. ET)
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES (January 7)
MALLRATS (January 7)
NATIONAL LAMPOON’S ANIMAL HOUSE (January 7)
50/50 (January 8)
DRAGON NEST: WARRIORS’ DAWN (January 8)
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (January 8)
GANGS OF NEW YORK (January 8)
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER (January 8)
LOOPER (January 8)
SCORPION KING (January 8)
SHAUN OF THE DEAD (January 8)
TWELVE MONKEYS (January 8)
NO MAN’S LAND, Season 1, Episode 1 *Series Premiere* (January 10)
MAPS TO THE STARS (January 13)
More Riveting TV to Watch
CATFISH, Season 4-7 (January 8)
W5, Season 55, Episode 11 (January 8)
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, Season 3, Episode 13 *Season Finale* (January 8 at 9 p.m. ET)
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE, Season 13, Episode 2 (January 8 at 9:30 p.m. ET)
*SHAMELESS, Season 1, Episode 4 (January 10 at 9 p.m. ET)
I AM BURT REYNOLDS *Documentary Premiere* (January 11)
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, Season 34, Episode 72-76 (January 12)
*Available to Crave + HBO + Movies subscribers