Highlights This Week
- LOCKED DOWN, starring Academy Award® winner Anne Hathaway (Les Misérables) and Academy Award nominee Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years a Slave), drops on Crave Thursday, Jan. 14. Just as they decide to separate, Linda (Hathaway) and Paxton (Ejiofor) find life has other plans when they are stuck at home in a mandatory lockdown. Co-habitation is proving to be a challenge, but fueled by poetry and copious amounts of wine, it brings them closer together in the most surprising way. LOCKED DOWN is directed by Doug Liman and also stars Stephen Merchant (EXTRAS), Mindy Kaling (THE OFFICE), Lucy Boynton (THE POLITICIAN), Dulé Hill (BLACK MONDAY), Jazmyn Simon (BALLERS), with Ben Stiller (ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and Academy Award winner Ben Kingsley.
- Season 2 of RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE UK premieres Thursday, Jan. 14 at 3:01 p.m. ET. Season 2 is even bigger than the first as 12 queens battle it out over ten weeks, with judges RuPaul Charles, Michelle Visage, Graham Norton, and Alan Carr returning. With Queens representing from the length and breadth of the country, RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE UK showcases the very best of the UK drag scene. The queens slay their way through a weekly series of challenges designed to test their drag expertise. In accordance with the Drag Race mantra, all of the queens are assessed on their Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent, with the bottom two queens being asked to lip sync for their lives.
- With the United States in political turmoil and with Joe Biden set to be sworn in as the 46th President of the United States on January 20, HBO’s REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER returns for its 19th season on Friday, Jan. 15 at 10 p.m. ET. Comedian and satirist Bill Maher hosts the long-running Emmy®-nominated talk show, covering the week’s news and featuring a panel of guests, including actors, activists, politicians, musicians, comedians, and more. Episodes stream live at 10 p.m. ET and are on-demand the following morning.
- The HBO drama series C.B. STRIKE: LETHAL WHITE premieres Wednesday, Jan. 20 at 10 p.m. ET. In the grips of psychosis, a young man named Billy Knight (Joseph Quinn, CATHERINE THE GREAT) arrives in private detective Cormoran Strike’s (Tom Burke, THE MUSKETEERS) office telling the story of a child he saw strangled many years ago. Strike is simultaneously hired by government minister Jasper Chiswell (Robert Glenister, Live by Night) to investigate Billy’s brother, Jimmy Knight (Nick Blood, AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.), who is blackmailing him. As Strike and his partner Robin (Holliday Grainger, PATRICK MELROSE) work to determine how the cases might be connected, Robin goes undercover in the House of Commons.
Crave Audience Metrics
Crave continues to have Canadians covered, delivering the best movies, TV series, and original hits all in one place. SHOWTIME’s YOUR HONOR holds the #1 spot for the second week in a row, and RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE moves up one spot to #2. FRIENDS also moves up to take the #3 spot, and HBO’s TIGER takes the #7 spot following its premiere last Sunday. Here are the Top 10 most-watched programs on Crave for the week of January 6 – 12:
- YOUR HONOR
- RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY
- GAME OF THRONES
- FLIGHT ATTENDANT
What to Watch for the Week of January 14 – 20
*All Programming Subject to Change
- The dark comedy series TWO WEEKS TO LIVE continues Thursday, Jan. 14. In Episode 2, thinking that the world is on the brink of ending, Kim (Maisie Williams, GAME OF THRONES) faces her father’s killer in an epic showdown while Jay (Taheen Modak) tells a disapproving Nicky (Mawaan Rizwan, NEXT OF KIN) that he plans to propose to his girlfriend. Nicky is forced to make a desperate confession.
- Season 1 of the HBO comedy LOS ESPOOKYS comes to Crave on Friday, Jan. 15. Created by Julio Torres (MY FAVORITE SHAPES) and executive produced by Lorne Michaels (SNL) and Fred Armisen (PORTLANDIA), the primarily Spanish-language (with English subtitles) series is based in a dreamy Latin American country where the strange and eerie are just part of daily life. Renaldo (Bernardo Velasco), a horror and gore enthusiast, assembles his close friends to form Los Espookys, a business based on conjuring thrills and chills for a variety of clients. Renaldo is joined by Úrsula (Cassandra Ciangherotti), a resilient and tenacious dental assistant who handles the logistics and execution of their projects; Úrsula’s sister Tati (Ana Fabrega) who juggles several (very) odd jobs while acting as the group’s test dummy; and Renaldo’s long-time best friend Andrés (Julio Torres), the brooding heir to a chocolate empire who longs to unlock the secrets to his past while avoiding his trophy boyfriend, Juan Carlos (José Pablo Minor).
- STARZ’s NO MAN’S LAND continues Sunday, Jan. 17. In Episode 2, Antoine (Félix Moati, The French Dispatch), is interrogated by a YPJ officer and treated as an ISIS prisoner. The arrival of three British jihadists dramatically changes the balance of power between ISIS and the Kurds.
- Another installment of SHAMELESS HALL OF SHAME drops Sunday, Jan. 17 at 9 p.m. ET. The companion series features new, original SHAMELESS scenes juxtaposed with a retrospective look at each character’s journey over the prior 10 seasons. The third episode, titled “Lip (& Tami): Once Upon a Phillip Gallagher,” sees Lip tell baby Fred a story he’s never heard to help him get some rest.
- Part 2 of the HBO Sports’ documentary TIGER debuts Sunday, Jan. 17 at 9 p.m. ET. The documentary paints an intimate picture of the prodigy whose dedication and obsession with the game of golf took his fame and success to new heights, but also down a dark, spiraling road that eventually led to a legendary sports comeback, culminated by his victory at the 2019 Masters. TIGER features never-before-seen-footage and interviews with those who know Tiger Woods best, including his former caddy and close friend Steve Williams; golf legend Sir Nick Faldo; his father Earl Woods’ friend and biographer, Pete McDaniel; Tiger’s first true love, Dina Parr; and Rachel Uchitel, the woman at the center of the sex scandal that forever altered Tiger’s world, breaking her silence for the first time.
- HBO’s new Spanish-language drama series 30 COINS continues Monday, Jan. 18 at 9 p.m. ET. In Episode 4, “Recuerdos,” Vergara (Eduard Fernández) returns to Rome to find the Pope, but also his worst enemies.
- All-new episodes include; TWO WEEKS TO LIVE (Thursday, Jan. 14); RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE (Friday, Jan. 15 at 9:30 p.m. ET); NO MAN’S LAND (Sunday, Jan. 17); THE CIRCUS (Sunday, Jan. 17 at 8 p.m. ET); SHAMELESS HALL OF SHAME (Sunday, Jan. 17 at 9 p.m. ET); YOUR HONOR (Sunday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m. ET); 30 COINS (Monday, Jan. 18 at 9 p.m. ET); and THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL (Tuesday, Jan. 19).
Complete listings for the week of January 14 – 20
*All Programming Subject to Change
HBO and HBO Max
TWO WEEKS TO LIVE, Season 1, Episode 2 (January 14)
LOCKED DOWN *Movie* (January 14)
LOS ESPOOKYS, Season 1 (January 14)
REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER, Season 19 *Season Premiere* (January 15, live at 10 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning)
TIGER, Part 2 (January 17 at 9 p.m. ET)
30 COINS, Season 1, Episode 4 (January 18 at 9 p.m. ET)
C.B. STRIKE: LETHAL WHITE, Season 1, Episode 1 *Season Premiere* (January 20 at 10 p.m. ET)
RIDE LIKE A GIRL (January 15)
TEETHING (January 15)
THE CIRCUS, Season 6, Episode 2 (January 17 at 8 p.m. ET)
YOUR HONOR, Season 1, Episode 7 (January 17 at 10 p.m. ET)
TRAFFIC (January 15)
3:10 TO YUMA (January 15)
RAY (January 15)
SLAP SHOT (January 15)
BAD WORDS (January 15)
NO MAN’S LAND, Season 1, Episode 2 (January 17)
RUSH: TIME MACHINE TOUR (January 20)
More Riveting TV to Watch
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE UK, Season 2, Episode 1 *Season Premiere* (January 14 at 3:01 p.m. ET)
DELICIOUSNESS, Season 1 (January 15)
SUPERMARKET SWEEP, Season 1 *Series Premiere* (January 15)
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE, Season 13, Episode 3 (January 15 at 9:30 p.m. ET)
*SHAMELESS HALL OF SHAME, Season 1, Episode 3 (January 17 at 9 p.m. ET)
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, Season 34, Episode 76-80 (January 19)
*Available to Crave + HBO + Movies subscribers