Highlights This Week
- Crave programming has been honoured with 15 nominations for the 78TH ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS, including the first-ever nominations for HBO Max. Nominated programming available for streaming on Crave includes THE UNDOING, LOVECRAFT COUNTRY, I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE, and PERRY MASON, HBO Max Original Series THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT, SHOWTIME’s YOUR HONOR, THE COMEY RULE, THE GOOD LORD BIRD, and BLACK FRIDAY, and RAMY (available on STARZ). The 78TH ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS air live on Sunday, Feb. 28 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV. To read more about nominated programming available on Crave, click HERE.
- All four seasons of the HBO Max Original series SEARCH PARTY arrive on Crave on Thursday, Feb. 4. The dark comedy follows Dory (Alia Shawkat, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT), a fragile, frustrated, life-long doormat who’s not particularly proud of her impact on the world, especially since her greatest accomplishment to date is organizing clothes to be donated to Goodwill for her wealthy employer. Dory feels stuck in a stale and disconnected relationship with her boyfriend, Drew (John Reynolds, STRANGER THINGS), a kind of clueless, complacent, spoon-fed doofus who just really loves Christmas. She also feels removed from her closest friends, Elliot (John Early, Late Night), a self-diagnosed narcissist who loves adding job titles to his designer-stylist-curator multi-hyphenate lifestyle, and Portia (Meredith Hagner, YOUNGER) an actress always struggling to balance the challenging demands of chronic insecurity and pathological self-absorption.
- The iconic MTV series is back and rebooted! Season 1 of MTV CRIBS INTERNATIONAL joins Crave on Friday, Feb. 5. The series features reality stars, rappers, pro athletes, and more who welcome cameras inside their souped-up spaces for exclusive tours. Peek inside the homes of Caitlyn Jenner, Jojo Siwa, Kevin McHale, Stefflon Don, Christine Quinn, Bradley Simpson, Alyssa Edwards, and Gemma Collins.
- The critically acclaimed 2019 documentary WILLIE joins Crave on Friday, Feb. 5 and tells the story of courage, resilience, friendship, and triumph across North America that was 240 years in the making. In 1958, during America’s fight to end Jim Crow, Willie O’Ree became the first black player in the National Hockey League (NHL). The documentary follows Willie’s amazing story, from his great-grandfather’s escape from slavery in 1779 to his ascent to hockey’s highest honour: induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame on November 12, 2018. Willie’s story transcends hockey – it is a journey in pursuit of opportunity to blaze new trails and inspire people of all races, both historic in its sweep and scope, and relevant to our current day.
- The award-winning comedy THE BIG SICK drops on Crave on Friday, Feb. 5. The film follows Pakistan-born comedian Kumail Nanjiani (SILICON VALLEY) and grad student Emily Gardner (Zoe Kazan, THE PLOT AGAINST AMERICA) who fall in love but struggle as their cultures clash. When Emily contracts a mysterious illness, Kumail finds himself forced to face her feisty parents, his family’s expectations, and his true feelings. The film also stars Holly Hunter (SUCCESSION) and Ray Romano (EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND).
- The new HBO documentary BLACK ART: IN THE ABSENCE OF LIGHT, debuts Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 9 p.m. ET. Directed and produced by award-winning documentarian Sam Pollard (HBO’s ATLANTA MISSING AND MURDERED: THE LOST CHILDREN), the film is a vital and illuminating introduction to the work of some of the foremost African American visual artists working today, including Theaster Gates, Kerry James Marshall, Faith Ringgold, Amy Sherald, and Carrie Mae Weems, the film is a testament to the indelible contributions of Black American artists in today’s contemporary art world. BLACK ART: IN THE ABSENCE OF LIGHT is executive produced by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and Thelma Golden serves as consulting producer.
Complete listings for the week of February 4 – 10
*All Programming Subject to Change
HBO and HBO Max
*HBO Max Original* SELENA + CHEF, Season 2, Episode 7-9 *Season Finale* (February 4)
*HBO Max Original* SEARCH PARTY, Seasons 1-4 (February 4)
TWO WEEKS TO LIVE, Season 1, Episode 5 (February 4)
THE LADY AND THE DALE, Season 1, Episode 3 (February 5)
PAINTING WITH JOHN, Season 1, Episode 3 (February 5 at 11 p.m. ET)
REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER, Season 19, Episode 4 (February 5, live at 11 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning)
AXIOS, Season 4, Episode 2 (February 7, live at 6 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning)
30 COINS, Season 1, episode 7 (February 8 at 9 p.m. ET)
THE INVESTIGATION, Season 1, Episode 2 (February 8 at 10 p.m. ET)
BLACK ART: IN THE ABSENCE OF LIGHT *Documentary Premiere* (February 10 at 9 p.m. ET)
CB STRIKE: LETHAL WHITE, Season 1, Episode 4 *Season Finale* (February 10 at 10 p.m. ET)
LOVE & BASKETBALL (February 4)
ANTWONE FISHER (February 5)
THE BIG SICK (February 5)
DESUS & MERO, Season 3, Episode 2 (February 4 at 11 p.m. ET)
YOUR HONOR, Season 1, Episode 9 (February 7 at 10 p.m. ET)
DESUS & MERO, Season 3, Episode 2 (February 7 at 11 p.m. ET)
LOVE & BASKETBALL (February 4)
A BEAUTIFUL MIND (February 5)
ABDUCTION (February 5)
ANTWONE FISHER (February 5)
CRASH (2004) (February 5)
LEAP YEAR (February 5)
ROBIN HOOD (2010) (February 5)
STANDING IN THE SHADOWS OF MOTOWN (February 5)
THE BIRTH OF A NATION (February 5)
THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES (February 5)
NO MAN’S LAND, Season 1, Episode 5 (February 7)
More Riveting TV to Watch
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE UK, Season 2, Episode 4 (February 4 at 3:01 p.m. ET)
EX ON THE BEACH, Season 4 (February 5)
MTV CRIBS INTERNATIONAL, Season 1 (February 5)
W5, Season 55, episode 13 (February 5)
WILLIE *Documentary* (February 5)
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE, Season 1, Episode 6 (February 5 at 9:30 p.m. ET)
THE SISTER, Season 1, Episode 3-4 *Series Finale* (February 5 at 9 p.m. ET)
*SHAMELESS HALL OF SHAME, Season 1, Episode 5 (February 7 at 9 p.m. ET)
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, Season 34, Episode 90-94 (February 9)
*Available to Crave + HBO + Movies subscribers