Highlights This Week
- Crave spreads the love for Valentine’s Day with two new programming collections. Love & Sex, featuring HBO series like SEX AND THE CITY and THE DEUCE, HBO MAX’s LOVE LIFE, SHOWTIME’s THE L WORD and THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, and more; and Valentine’s Day Episodes, featuring iconic Valentine-themed episodes from the Crave Original series LETTERKENNY, 30 ROCK, FRIENDS, THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR, and more.
- In honour of the great Canadian actor Christopher Plummer’s passing, and in celebration of his more than six decade-long career, some of the icon’s notable films are now available on Crave. BEGINNERS, which won Plummer the best supporting actor award at the 84th Academy Awards,® and made him the oldest actor to win a competitive acting Oscar, is now streaming alongside THE LAST FULL MEASURE*, Plummer’s final film performance.
- An official selection of the 2020 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), the Crave Original Documentary THE NEW CORPORATION: THE UNFORTUNATELY NECESSARY SEQUEL begins streaming on Friday, 12. The sequel to the award-winning 2003 documentary THE CORPORATION reveals how the corporate takeover of society is being justified by the sly rebranding of corporations as socially conscious entities. From gatherings of corporate elites to Davos; to climate change and spiralling inequality; to the rise of ultra-right leaders to COVID 19 and racial injustice; the film looks at corporations’ devastating power. From Joel Bakan and Jennifer Abbott, the film features interviews with Anand Giridharadas, Robert Reich, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, first-term US congresswoman Katie Porter, and more.
- LITTLE BIRDS, the TV adaptation of Anais Nin’s infamous collection of erotic short stories, begins streaming on STARZ Sunday, 14. Set in 1955, LITTLE BIRDS follows the story of heiress Lucy Savage (Juno Temple, Maleficent) as she arrives in Tangier hoping to find an unconventional life free from the societal restrictions she has had to follow her entire life. Now, she finds herself seeking the independence she desires. The series also stars, Yumna Marwan and Hugh Skinner (FLEABAG). LITTLE BIRDS follows a weekly release schedule, with new episodes dropping Sundays on STARZ.
- Fresh off Bryan Cranston’s Golden Globe nomination last week for Best Actor, Limited Series or TV Movie, SHOWTIME’s YOUR HONOR wraps up with the series finale February 14 at 10 p.m. ET. In the finale of the legal thriller, which has been called a “masterclass in prestige-popcorn TV” by The Globe and Mail, Adam (Hunter Doohan, TRUTH BE TOLD) reels from new information about his mother’s death. Eugene (Benjamin Flores Jr., GAME SHAKERS) tries to get justice for his family. Carlo’s (Jimi Stanton, Greyhound) trial comes to an end, but Michael and Adam’s secrets are dangerously unraveling.
- HBO’s LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER returns for Season 8 on Sunday, 14 at 11 p.m. ET. Comedian John Oliver satirically covers the week in news, politics, and current events in this Emmy®-winning variety series. LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLVER follows a weekly release schedule, with new episodes streaming live Sunday nights at 11 p.m. ET, and available on-demand the following morning.
- The feature-length documentary WOMAN IN MOTION begins streaming Monday, 15. Directed by Todd Thompson (The Highwaymen), the film chronicles STAR TREK actress Nichelle Nichols’ role in pioneering the NASA recruiting program to hire people of color and the first female astronauts for the space agency in the late 1970s and 1980s. The film also features Nichols’ rise to fame and portrayal of Uhura on STAR TREK, which marked one of the first leading roles for an African-American actress in a mainstream TV series. Actors, activists, scientists, and astronauts appearing in the documentary include Nichols, Neil deGrasse Tyson, George Takei, Pharrell Williams, Martin Luther King III, Al Sharpton, Vivica A. Fox, Walter Koenig, Rod Roddenberry, Michael Dorn, Guy Bluford, Charles Bolden, Ivor Dawson, Frederik Gregory, and Benjamin Crump.
- Following its international premiere at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival, the award-winning film MISS JUNETEETH begins streaming Wednesday, Feb. 17. The story follows a former beauty queen and single mother as she prepares her rebellious teenage daughter for the “Miss Juneteenth” pageant. The critically acclaimed film, written and directed by Channing Godfrey Peoples (Queen Sugar), stars Nicole Beharie (42), Kendrick Sampson (HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER), and newcomer Alexis Chikaeze.
*Available to STARZ subscribers
Complete listings for the week of February 11 – 17
*All Programming Subject to Change
HBO and HBO Max
TWO WEEKS TO LIVE, Season 1, Episode 6 *Season Finale* (February 11)
PAINTING WITH JOHN, Season 1, Episode 4 (February 12 at 11 p.m. ET)
REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER, Season 19, Episode 5 (February 12, live at 10 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning)
AXIOS, Season 4, Episode 3 (February 14, live at 6 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning)
THE LADY AND THE DALE, Season 1, Episode 4 *Season Finale* (February 14 at 9 p.m. ET)
LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER, Season 8, Episode 1 *Season Premiere* (February 14, live at 11 p.m. ET, on-demand the following morning)
30 COINS, Season 1, Episode 8 *Season Finale* (February 15 at 9 p.m. ET)
THE INVESTIGATION, Season 1, Episode 3 (February 15 at 10 p.m. ET)
42 (February 12)
GUEST OF HONOR (February 12)
MADE IN ITALY (February 12)
ANNIE (2014) (February 12)
SEUSS’ HORTON HEARS A WHO (February 12)
SEUSS’ THE CAT IN THE HAT (February 12)
SEUSS’ THE LORAX (February 12)
INDEPENDENCE DAY (February 12)
SPACE JAM (February 12)
WISH UPON A UNICORN (February 15)
MISS JUNETEENTH (February 17)
DESUS & MERO, Season 3, Episode 4 (February 11 at 11 p.m. ET)
THE CIRCUS, Season 6, Episode 6 (February 14 at 8 p.m. ET)
YOUR HONOR, Season 1, Episode 10 *Season Finale* (February 14 at 10 p.m. ET)
DESUS & MERO, Season 3, Episode 5 (February 14 at 11 p.m. ET)
42 (February 12)
PRECIOUS (February 12)
500 DAYS OF SUMMER (February 12)
ERIN BROCKOVICH (February 12)
BATTLE OF THE SEXES (February 12)
IT’S COMPLICATED (February 12)
BROWN SUGAR (February 12)
SOUL FOOD (February 12)
I THINK I LOVE MY WIFE (February 12)
POPPER’S PENGUINS (February 12)
BIG FAT LIAR (February 12)
HUNT FOR THE WILDER PEOPLE (February 12)
LITTLE BIRDS, Season 1, Episode 1 *Series Premiere* (February 14)
NO MAN’S LAND, Season 1, Episode 6 (February 14)
More Riveting TV to Watch
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE UK, Season 2, Episode 5 (February 11 at 3:01 p.m. ET)
THE NEW CORPORATION: THE UNFORTUNATELY NECESSARY SEQUEL *Crave Original Documentary* (February 12)
THE HARD TIMES OF RJ BERGER, Season 1-2 (February 12)
OM NOM STORIES, Season 5 (February 12)
RATCHET AND CLANK: LIFE OF PIE (February 12)
RIDICULOUSNESS, Season 18-19 (February 12)
TRUE LOVE OR TRUE LIES, Season 1-2 (February 12)
W5, Season 55, Episode 14 (February 12)
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE, Season 13, Episode 7 (February 12 at 9:30 p.m. ET)
*SHAMELESS, Season 11, Episode 6 (February 14 at 9 p.m. ET)
WOMAN IN MOTION *Documentary* (February 15)
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, Season 34, Episode 95-99 (February 16)
*Available to Crave + HBO + Movies subscribers