Highlights This Week
- HBO Max’s dark comedic thriller THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT wraps up Thursday, Dec. 17. Based on the novel by New York Times best-selling author Chris Bohjalia, the series tells the story of Cassandra Bowden (Kaley Cuoco, THE BIG BANG THEORY), a flight attendant who wakes up in the wrong hotel, in the wrong bed with a dead man, and no idea what happened.
- Streaming Friday, Dec. 18, the romantic drama THE PHOTOGRAPH follows a series of intertwined love stories set in the past and present. When famed photographer Christina Eames dies unexpectedly, she leaves her estranged daughter, Mae (Issa Rae, INSECURE) with many questions. When Mae finds a photograph tucked away in a safe-deposit box, she soon finds herself exploring her mother’s early life, which leads to an unexpected romance with Michael (Lakeith Stanfield, Knives Out), an up-and-coming journalist.
- Premiering Tuesday, Dec. 22 at 9 p.m. ET, the new HBO Sports documentary UNDER THE GRAPEFRUIT TREE: THE CC SABATHIA STORY follows the deeply personal story of former New York Yankees pitcher Carsten Charles “CC” Sabathia Jr. The film features behind-the-scenes footage from his final season with the Yankees in 2019. As the highs and lows of his last season are chronicled, Sabathia looks back on his legacy as one of the game’s pre-eminent pitchers, as well as the profound challenges that shaped him, including his long-time battle with addiction that came to a head in 2015 while playing for the Yankees.
What Critics Are Saying About HBO Max Original Film LET THEM ALL TALK
Witty Meryl Streep cruise-ship comedy LET THEM ALL TALK is a lifesaver for the ocean-liner industry
“Every performer is at the top of their game, too. While Streep headlines and is afforded the most delicious lines, and Hedges and Chan radiate serious fluttering charm, it is Bergen who delivers something close to a magic act here. Barbara is desperate, fuelled by spite and hungry for reparation for Alice’s presumed misdeeds. Bergen makes her sour anger feel achingly real.”
– Barry Hertz, The Globe and Mail
Meryl Streep Takes a Dream of a Cruise in LET THEM ALL TALK
“The actors thrill to the challenge of half making things up as they go along. LET THEM ALL TALK is a sturdy showcase for their intelligence, every cast member nimbly, extemporaneously guiding each scene to its intended end. Almost like a Chekhov play, the dialogue is silly and dreamy, pointed and sweet. Similar to much of the Russian master’s oeuvre, this film listens to the creak of time, all the old things wearing down just as new urges and wishes sprout into being.”
– Richard Lawson, Vanity Fair
Crave Audience Metrics
Crave continues to have Canadians covered, delivering the best movies, TV series, and original hits all in one place. HBO MAX’s THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT remains at #1 for the second week in a row, while SHOWTIME’s YOUR HONOR jumps up to the #2 spot, up from #9 last week.
SHAMELESS also moves up to the #4 spot, while the HBO Max Original film LET THEM ALL TALK takes the #8 spot following its premiere last week. Here are the Top 10 most-watched programs on Crave for the week of December 9 – 15:
- THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT
- YOUR HONOR
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY
- THE UNDOING
- HIS DARK MATERIALS
- LET THEM ALL TALK
- SOUTH PARK
- GAME OF THRONES
What to Watch for the Week of December 17 – 23
*All Programming Subject to Change
- Streaming Friday, Dec. 18, Season 3 of the multiple-Canadian Screen Award-winning original series CORNER GAS ANIMATED sees Brent (Brent Butt) reuniting his old band Thunderface; Lacey (Gabrielle Miller), inspired by a self-help book, tries to purge her possessions; Hank (Fred Ewanuick) and Emma (Corrine Koslo) face off for a pageant crown; Karen (Tara Spencer-Nairn) and Davis (Lorne Cardinal) over-prepare for crime when the Corner Gas parking lot becomes a drive in; Wanda (Nancy Robertson) forms a close bond with her virtual home assistant; and Oscar (Eric Peterson) realizes he’s terrible at giving gifts. Season 3 features guest appearances from Andrea Martin, Lance Storm, Brett Kissel, and more.
- The final season of SHOWTIME’s hit comedy series SHAMELESS continues Sunday, Dec. 20 at 9 p.m. ET. In Episode 3, Debbie (Rebecca Ryan, WATERLOO ROAD) is in a rush to get out of the house causing her to lose track of Franny (Paris Newton) and has to balance her search for Franny with her handy-woman jobs. Meanwhile, Frank (William H. Macy, Fargo) and Franny have a day of weed runs and adventure. Ian (Cameron Monaghan, GOTHAM) and Mickey (Noel Fisher, THE RICHES) question who the “man” in their relationship is. A delighted Carl (Ethan Cutkosky, The Unborn) gets a new Training Officer who loves to kick ass. When Brad (Scott Michael Campbell, SUITS) and Cami (Melissa Paladino) learn about their newborn baby’s health complications, Lip (Jeremy Allen White, The Rental) and Tami (Kate Miner, Fifty Shades of Black) set in to help. Kev’s (Steve Howey, REBA) newfound money and lack of modesty prove to be trouble.
- SHOWTIME’S legal thriller YOUR HONOR, starring Bryan Cranston (BREAKING BAD), continues Sunday, Dec. 20 at 10 p.m. ET. In the third episode, Michael (Cranston) continues to use his power to obscure details of the accident as Jimmy Baxter (Michael Stuhlbarg, Call Me By Your Name) and Gina (Hope Davis, FOR THE PEOPLE) plot their revenge. Things aren’t adding up for Lt. Costello (Amy Landecker, Doctor Strange). Bad advice leads Kofi (Lamar Johnson, THE NEXT STEP) to make a bold move. Gina strikes a deal for son Carlo (Jimi Stanton, Greyhound).
- A new episode of STARZ’s POWER BOOK II: GHOST premieres Sunday, Dec. 20. In Episode 8, Tariq (Michael Rainey Jr., Lee Daniels’ The Butler) can’t help but feel left out, as parents flood the campus for Homecoming at Stansfield. But with the pressure to move an unanticipated amount of product, he sees this as a business opportunity. But Brayden (Gianni Paolo, Ma) tied up with his family, Tariq must extend reach out to old, and questionable, allies to capitalize on the influx of customers on campus. While Jabari’s (Justin Marcel McManus, STAR) jealousy over Carrie (Melanie Liburd, Brian Banks) leads him down a potentially page-turning path for his book. Zeke (Daniel Bellomy, Freak Show) does his best to keep family and school separate, as worlds collide at the big game.
- HBO’s fantasy-drama series HIS DARK MATERIALS continues with Episode 6 Monday, Dec. 21 at 9 p.m. ET. In this episode, Lyra (Dafne Keen, Ana) and Will (Amir Wilson, The Secret Garden) find allies who can help them in their search for Will’s father. The Magisterium learn something shocking, and Mrs. Coulter (Ruth Wilson, THE AFFAIR) meets a formidable foe.
- Get into the holiday spirit on December 23 and celebrate Festivus by streaming SEINFELD’s holiday episode, “The Strike” available in The Holiday Collection. The collection also features holiday themed episodes from CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR, SOUTH PARK, THE BERNIE MAC SHOW, LETTERKENNY, and more.
- All-new episodes this week include; THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Thursday, Dec. 17); STAR TREK: DISCOVERY (Friday, Dec. 18 at 9 p.m. ET); POWER BOOK II: GHOST (Sunday, Dec. 20); SHAMELESS (Sunday, Dec. 20 at 9 p.m. ET); YOUR HONOR (Sunday, Dec. 20 at 10 p.m. ET); HIS DARK MATERIALS (Monday, Dec. 20 at 9 p.m. ET); and THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL (Tuesday, Dec. 22).
Complete listings for the week of December 17 – 23
*All Programming Subject to Change
HBO and HBO Max
*HBO Max Original* THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT, Season 1, Episode 8 *Season Finale* (December 17)
HIS DARK MATERIALS, Season 2, Episode 6 (December 21 at 9 p.m. ET)
UNDER THE GRAPEFRUIT TREE: THE CC SABATHIA STORY *Documentary* (December 22 at 9 p.m. ET)
FOUR KIDS AND IT (December 18)
THE PHOTOGRAPH (December 18)
YOUR HONOR, Season 1, Episode 3 (December 20 at 10 p.m. ET)
ALL IS BRIGHT (December 18)
ALPHA & OMEGA (December 18)
FURRY VENGEANCE (December 18)
POWER BOOK II: GHOST, Season 1, Episode 8 (December 20)
More Riveting TV to Watch
CORNER GAS ANIMATED, Season 3 (December 18)
GEORDIE SHORE: THEIR STORY, Season 1 (December 18)
MY MAGIC PET MORPHIE (December 18)
SUPERMARKET SWEEP UK (December 18)
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, Season 3, Episode 10 (December 18 at 9 p.m. ET)
THE GLOBAL CITIZEN PRIZE (December 20)
*SHAMELESS, Season 11, Episode 3 (December 20 at 9 p.m. ET)
DOUBLE YOUR DISH: HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS (December 21)
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, Season 34, Episode 59-63 (December 22)
*Available to Crave + HBO + Movies subscribers