Highlights This Week
- The HBO Max Original Film LET THEM ALL TALK, from Academy Award®– winning director Steven Soderbergh (Erin Brokovich, Ocean’s Eleven), premieres Thursday, Dec. 10. Starring Meryl Streep (BIG LITTLE LIES) as renowned author Alice Hughes, the comedy follows Alice as she goes on a cruise with old friends and her nephew in an effort to find fun and happiness while coming to terms with her troubled past. The film also stars Academy Award-nominee Candice Bergen (MURPHY BROWN), Academy Award winner Dianne Wiest (Bullets Over Broadway), Gemma Chan (Crazy Rich Asians), and Lucas Hedges (Manchester by the Sea).
- Just in time for the holidays, the family friendly flick SCOOB! begins streaming Friday, Dec. 11. Scooby and the gang face their most challenging mystery yet in the animated comedy starring Will Forte (MacGruber), Mark Wahlberg (ENTOURAGE), Jason Isaacs (Black Hawk Down), Gina Rodriguez (JANE THE VIRGIN), Zac Efron (The Greatest Showman), and Amanda Seyfried (Mamma Mia!).
- HBO’s THE BEE GEES: HOW CAN YOU MEND A BROKEN HEART premieres Saturday, Dec. 12 at 8 p.m. ET, chronicling the triumphs and hurdles of brothers Barry, Maurice, and Robin Gibb. Directed by acclaimed filmmaker Frank Marshall (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button), the film is an intimate exploration of the Gibb story, featuring interviews with oldest brother Barry and archival interviews with the late twin brothers Robin and Maurice. Featuring a wealth of never- before-seen archival footage, the film also features interviews with musicians Eric Clapton, Noel Gallagher, Nick Jonas, Chris Martin, and Justin Timberlake, among others.
- VALLEY GIRL, the 2020 remake of the Nicholas Cage (Con Air) classic, premieres Saturday, Dec. 12 at 9 p.m. ET. Directed by Rachel Lee Goldenberg (UNPREGNANT), the jukebox musical romantic comedy tells the story of Julie (Jessica Rothe, MARY + JANE), the ultimate ‘80s Valley Girl. A creative free spirit, Julie’s time is spent with her best friends shopping at the Galleria mall and making plans for senior prom. That is, until she falls hard for Randy (Josh Whitehouse, POLDARK), a Sunset Strip punk rocker who challenges everything the Valley and Julie stand for. Despite pushback from friends and family, Julie must break out of the safety of her world to follow her heart and discover what it really means to be a Valley Girl.
- SHOWTIME’s critically acclaimed docu-series COUPLES THERAPY returns with a special edition, COUPLES THERAPY: THE COVID SPECIAL, Sunday, Dec. 13 at 8 p.m. ET. When stay-at-home orders hit New York in March of this year, renowned therapist Dr. Orna Guralnik was deep in therapy with many couples in crisis. Suddenly, these couples found themselves facing a radical new reality – they were literally trapped together during a time of global, cultural, and political unrest. This one-hour installment follows Dr. Guralnik as she and her patients grapple with the realities of the COVID-19 shutdown and its impact on their lives and relationships.
- SHOWTIME’s late-night talk show DESUS & MERO is back for a surprise episode Sunday, Dec. 13 at 11:05 p.m. ET, where hosts Desus Nice and The Kid Mero sit down with former President Barack Obama for a special conversation. The popular talk show just wrapped Season 2 in November, and returns for Season 3 in 2021.
- HBO’s THE ART OF POLITICAL MURDER premieres Wednesday, Dec. 16 at 9 p.m. ET. Based on Francisco Goldman’s book of the same name and executive-produced by Academy Award winners George Clooney and Grant Heslov, the feature-length documentary tells the story of the 1998 murder of Guatemalan human rights activist Bishop Juan Gerardi. Just two days after presenting a damning report blaming the atrocities of the civil war on the Guatemalan military, Bishop Gerardi was found dead in his home. The documentary highlights a team of young investigators who take on the case and begin to unearth a web of conspiracy and corruption, entangling the highest levels of government in their pursuit of the truth.
What Critics Are Saying About SHOWTIME’s YOUR HONOR
“YOUR HONOR starts superbly. That start is a little masterclass in prestige-popcorn TV. Mystery and anxiety mix in a way that’s both grave and grabby…It’s a great, tight premise, and there is a lot of fine acting here. Cranston is great at this stuff; Stuhlbarg is exceptional as the furious crime boss, and Hope Davis is magnificent as his wife.”
– John Doyle, The Globe and Mail
“At first glance, YOUR HONOR seems to be a straightforward drama, but it often leaves small clues that hint at bigger mysteries…small nuggets of mystery blended together with an intense storyline and a brilliant performance from Cranston make YOUR HONOR an intriguing series.”
– Terry Terrones, The Gazette
Crave Audience Metrics
Crave continues to have Canadians covered, delivering the best movies, TV series, and original hits all in one place. HBO MAX’s FLIGHT ATTENDANT takes the #1 spot and HBO’s THE UNDOING remains in the Top 10 following its finale on November 29, taking the #2 spot. The highly anticipated special episode of HBO’s EUPHORIA takes the #4 spot following its premiere, and the SHOWTIME series SHAMELESS and YOUR HONOR round out the Top 10, taking the #8 and #9 spots respectively. Here are the Top 10 most-watched programs on Crave for the week of December 2 – 8:
- THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT
- THE UNDOING
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY
- EUPHORIA PART 1: RUE
- THE HUNT
- HIS DARK MATERIALS
- YOUR HONOR
- MURDER ON MIDDLE BEACH
What to Watch for the Week of December 10 – 16
*All Programming Subject to Change
- HBO Max’s holiday dating series 12 DATES OF CHRISTMAS wraps up, with its final two episodes dropping Thursday, Dec. 10. Three hopelessly romantic singles, Faith, Chad, and Garrett, bring their chosen partner home for the holidays and must decide whether to commit or walk away forever by the stroke of midnight on New Year’s Eve.
- HBO Max’s dark comedic thriller THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT continues with Episodes 7 and 8 streaming Thursday, Dec. 10. The critically acclaimed series stars Kaley Cuoco (THE BIG BANG THEORY), who also serves as an executive producer.
- The eleventh and final season of SHOWTIME’s hit comedy series SHAMELESS continues Sunday, Dec. 13 at 9 p.m. ET. In Episode 2, Debbie (Rebecca Ryan, WATERLOO ROAD) prepares a princess party for Franny (Paris Newton). Mickey (Noel Fisher, THE RICHES) gets a real job. Frank (William H. Macy, Fargo) helps Kev (Steve Howey, REBA) and V (Shanola Hampton, Things Never Said) with their pot business. Lip (Jeremy Allen White, The Rental) runs into trouble with his new neighbors. Carl’s first day on the force is not what he thought it would be.
- SHOWTIME’S legal thriller YOUR HONOR, starring Bryan Cranston (BREAKING BAD), continues Sunday, Dec. 13 at 10 p.m. ET. In the second episode, on the anniversary of his wife’s death, Michael (Cranston) and Adam (Hunter Doohan, TRUTH BE TOLD) create an alibi for the day of the accident. A favour for Michael pulls his close friends Charlie (Isiah Whitlock Jr., Da 5 Bloods) and Lee (Carmen Ejogo, Selma) into the web of deception, and Kofi (Lamar Johnson, The Hate You Give) gets approached about a job.
- A new episode of STARZ’s POWER BOOK II: GHOST premieres Sunday, Dec. 13. In Episode 7, as the heat is turned up on campus, Tariq (Michael Rainey Jr., Lee Daniels’ The Butler) isn’t trying to be left in the cold with Lauren (Paige Hurd, HAWAII FIVE-0) or Diana (LaToya Tonodeo, THE OATH).
- The 2017 Starz limited-series HOWARDS END begins streaming Sunday, Dec. 13. Based on the 1910 novel by E.M. Forster, the four-part series tells the story of Margaret (Hayley Atwell, AGENT CARTER) and Helen Schlegel (Philippa Coulthard, K-9), two independent and unconventional sisters seeking love and meaning as they navigate an ever-changing world. Matthew Macfadyen (SUCCESSION, Pride & Prejudice), Julia Ormond (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button), and Tracey Ullman (THE TRACEY ULLMAN SHOW) also star. Academy Award-winner Kenneth Lonergan (Manchester by the Sea, Gangs of New York) serves as screenwriter and BAFTA winner Hettie Macdonald (White Girl, Fortitude) directs.
- HBO’s fantasy-drama series HIS DARK MATERIALS continues with Episode 5 Monday, Dec. 14 at 9 p.m. ET. In this episode, Will (Amir Wilson, The Secret Garden) and Lyra (Dafne Keen, Ana) set out to retrieve what’s been lost, and Mary (Simone Kirby, Dating Amber) takes a leap of faith.
- All-new episodes this week include; 12 DATES OF CHRISTMAS (Thursday, Dec. 10) THE FLIGHT ATTENDENT (Thursday, Dec. 10); STAR TREK: DISCOVERY (Friday, Dec. 11 at 9 p.m. ET); POWER BOOK II: GHOST (Sunday, Dec. 13); SHAMELESS (Sunday, Dec. 13 at 9 p.m. ET); YOUR HONOR (Sunday, Dec. 13 at 10 p.m. ET); HIS DARK MATERIALS (Monday, Dec. 14 at 9 p.m. ET); THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL (Tuesday, Dec. 15); and THE VOICE (Wednesday, Dec. 16).
Complete listings for the week of December 10 – 16
*All Programming Subject to Change
HBO and HBO Max
*HBO Max Original* 12 DATES of CHRISTMAS, Season 1, Episode 7-8 (December 10)
*HBO Max Original* THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT, Season 1, Episode 6-7 (December 10)
*HBO Max Original* LET THEM ALL TALK *Movie* (December 10)
THE BEE GEES: HOW CAN YOU MEND A BROKEN HEART *Documentary* (December 12 at 8 p.m. ET)
HIS DARK MATERIALS, Season 2, Episode 5 (December 14 at 9 p.m. ET)
THE ART OF POLITICAL MURDER *Documentary* (December 16 at 9 p.m. ET)
SCOOB! (December 11)
THINK LIKE A DOG (December 11)
VALLEY GIRL (December 11)
MONSTERS AT LARGE (December 16)
COUPLES THERAPY: THE COVID SPECIAL, Season 1, Episode 10 (December 13 at 8 p.m. ET)
YOUR HONOR, Season 1, Episode 2 (December 13 at 10 p.m. ET)
DESUS & MERO *Special Episode* (December 13 at 11:05 p.m. ET)
FROM PARIS WITH LOVE (December 11)
MIRROR MIRROR (December 11)
HOWARDS END, Season 1 (December 13)
POWER BOOK II: GHOST PART 1, Season 1, Episode 7 (December 13)
LAST NIGHT (1998) (December 16)
More Riveting TV to Watch
SILENT NIGHT: A SONG FOR THE WORLD (December 10)
HOLMES: NEXT GENERATION, Season 1 (December 11)
HOWDYTOONS: DINOSTORY (December 11)
TACOMA FD, Season 2 (December 11)
WILD BEAR RESCUE, Season 1-3 (December 11)
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, Season 3, Episode 9 (December 11 at 9 p.m. ET)
*SHAMELESS, Season 11, Episode 2 (December 13 at 9 p.m. ET)
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, Season 34, Episode 54-58 (December 15)
THE VOICE, Season 19, Episode 16-17 *Season Finale* (December 16)
*Available to Crave + HBO + Movies subscribers