MUST-WATCH TITLES FOR NOVEMBER
NOVEMBER 1 – LOVE ISLAND GAMES *Series Premiere*
- LOVE ISLAND GAMES, the first ever spinoff of the hit cultural phenomenon LOVE ISLAND, premieres Wednesday, Nov. 1, with new episodes streaming six days a week, Sunday-Friday. Maya James hosts and comedian Iain Stirling narrates this brand-new LOVE ISLAND format. Set in Fiji, the first season brings together fan-favorite Islanders from various Love Island series across the world – U.S., U.K., Australia, and beyond – for a second shot at love as they compete to be crowned champions of LOVE ISLAND GAMES. In this cheeky new iteration, romance will meet reality as fan-favorite Islanders are faced with both team and couples’ challenges, all while navigating dating, eliminations, recoupling, dramatic arrivals, and new competition twists and turns like never before.
NOVEMBER 9 – HBO Max’s RAP SH!T *Season 2 Premiere*
- Season 2 of the Max Original comedy series RAP SH!T debuts with two episodes Thursday, Nov. 9. The eight-episode season follows two estranged high school friends from Miami, Shawna and Mia, who reunite to form a rap group. In their rise to fame, Shawna and Mia find themselves at a pivotal moment in their rap career as they are forced to decide if they will stay true to themselves or conform to the demands of the music industry. The series follows a weekly release schedule, with new episodes dropping Thursdays.
NOVEMBER 10 – PUSS IN BOOTS: THE LAST WISH *Movie Premiere*
- Puss has burned through eight of his nine lives, though he lost count along the way, and getting those lives back will send Puss in Boots on his grandest quest yet. Academy Award® nominee Antonio Banderas returns as the voice of the notorious Puss in Boots as he embarks on an epic journey into the Black Forest to find the mythical Wishing Star and restore his lost lives. Also featuring the voices of Salma Hayek, Harvey Guillén, Florence Pugh, and John Mulaney.
NOVEMBER 16 – HBO Max’s JULIA *Season 2 Premiere*
- Called “wonderful” and “emotionally fulfilling” by NPR, JULIA is inspired by Julia Child’s extraordinary life and her long-running television series, “The French Chef,” which pioneered the modern cooking show. Through Julia’s life and her singular joie de vivre, the series explores a pivotal time in American history – the emergence of public television as a new social institution, feminism, and the women’s movement, the nature of celebrity and America’s cultural evolution. At its heart, the series is a portrait of a loving marriage with a shifting power dynamic. The series premieres with three episodes on Thursday, Nov. 16, followed by a new episode every Thursday.
NOVEMBER 24 – NO HARD FEELINGS *Movie Premiere*
- Jennifer Lawrence produces and stars in NO HARD FEELINGS, a laugh-out-loud, R-rated comedy from director Gene Stupnitsky (Good Boys) and the co-writer of Bad Teacher. Maddie (Lawrence) thinks she’s found the answer to her financial troubles when she discovers an intriguing job listing: wealthy helicopter parents looking for someone to “date” their introverted 19-year-old son, Percy, and bring him out of his shell before he leaves for college. But awkward Percy proves to be more of a challenge than she expected, and time is running out before she loses it all.
NOVEMBER 30 – HBO Max’s BOOKIE *Series Premiere*
- From Emmy®-nominated creator Chuck Lorre (THE BIG BANG THEORY) and Nick Bakay, BOOKIE is a darkly funny comedy that follows veteran Los Angeles bookie Danny (Sebastian Maniscalco) as the potential legalization of sports gambling in California threatens to upend his business for good. Alongside best friend and former NFL player Ray (Omar J. Dorsey), side-hustling sister Lorraine (Vanessa Ferlito), and reluctantly reformed drug dealer Hector (Jorge Garcia), Danny must contend with his increasingly unstable clients as he tries to settle their debts – all while making plenty of risky bets of his own. Full of relatable mishaps, BOOKIE chronicles one man’s journey to adapt to an ever-changing world as he attempts to charm and con his way to the top. BOOKIE premieres with the first two epsodes on Thursday, Nov. 30.
NOVEMBER 1 – Crave’s Holiday Collection
- Crave launches its Holiday Collection with: Christmas Episodes with THE OFFICE, SEX AND THE CITY, PARKS AND RECREATION; Hanukkah Episodes featuring FRIENDS, THE REHEARSAL, and HIGH MAINTENANCE; Evergreen Classics with Love Actually, Four Christmases, The Family Man, Serendipity and Sleepless in Seattle; Holiday Collection featuring classic favourites Elf, Carol, and You’ve Got Mail ; Yes, It’s a Christmas Movie with Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Batman Returns, and Eyes Wide Shut; plus Under The Mistletoe, Kids Holiday , and Festive Feast.
NOVEMBER 3 – ABOUT MY FATHER *Movie Premiere*
- The hottest comic in America, Sebastian Maniscalco joins forces with legendary Italian-American and two-time Oscar® winner, Robert De Niro, in the new comedy ABOUT MY FATHER. The film centres around Sebastian (Maniscalco) who is encouraged by his fiancée (Leslie Bibb) to bring his immigrant, hairdresser father, Salvo (De Niro), to a weekend get-together with her super-rich and exceedingly eccentric family (Kim Cattrall, Anders Holm, Brett Dier, David Rasche). The weekend develops into what can only be described as a culture clash, leaving Sebastian and Salvo to discover that the great thing about family is everything about family. The movie drops Friday, Nov. 3 on STARZ.
NOVEMBER 3 – TEN POUND POMS *Series Premiere*
- In 1956 a group of Brits respond to an emigration advertisement that promises a prosperous new life in Australia for just 10 british pounds. Expecting to be exchanging rationed Britain for exotic food, white-washed houses, and sun-soaked adventures, the new migrants arrive in Sydney to find that life down under is a far cry from what they were sold. TEN POUND POMS premieres all six episodes on Friday, Nov. 3.
NOVEMBER 10 – THE GODFATHER OF HARLEM *Season 3 Premiere*
- Premiering Friday, Nov. 10, Season 3 of THE GODFATHER OF HARLEM finds Bumpy Johnson continuing to battle for control of Harlem, with other aspirants to the throne, namely the Cuban Mafia from neighbouring Spanish Harlem. Taking on the Cuban mob will put Bumpy, his loved ones and his community in the crosshairs of not only the rival Italians, but ruthless Latin assassins and, ultimately, the CIA. The seriesis a collision of the criminal underworld and the civil rights movement during one of the most tumultuous times in American history. The series follows a weekly release schedule with new episodes streaming Fridays. Plus, stream the first two seasons of THE GODFATHER OF HARLEM on Crave.
NOVEMBER 10 – SISU *Movie Premiere*
- During the last desperate days of WWII, a solitary prospector (Jorma Tommila) crosses paths with Nazis on a scorched-earth retreat in northern Finland. When the Nazis steal his gold, they quickly discover that they have just tangled with no ordinary miner. While there is no direct translation for the Finnish word ‘sisu’, this legendary ex-commando will embody what sisu means: a white-knuckled form of courage and unimaginable determination in the face of overwhelming odds. And no matter what the Nazis throw at him, the one-man death squad will go to outrageous lengths to get his gold back – even if it means killing every last Nazi in his path. SISU streams Friday, Nov. 10 on STARZ.
NOVEMBER 30 – SELENA + CHEF: HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS *Season 5 Premiere*
- SELENA + CHEF: HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS features four, all-new specials with megastar Selena Gomez, beginning Thursday, Nov. 30. Gomez is at the top of her game as a musical artist, actor, businesswoman, and philanthropist, but she calls in the experts to help amp up her kitchen skills for the holidays. This year she has invited all-star chefs Eric Adjepong, Alex Guarnaschelli, Michael Symon, and Claudette Zepeda to bring their favorite dishes and culinary wisdom to her home kitchen so they can cook up perfect holiday meals to share with friends and family. The series follows a weekly release schedule, with new episodes streaming Thursdays.