MUST-WATCH TITLES FOR FEBRUARY
FEBRUARY 1 – Crave Celebrates Black History Month
- To commemorate Black History Month, Crave highlights Black creators, talent, and cultural figures through a number of special collections, including: Black Love Collection (Love & Basketball, The Best Man); #ForTheCulture Collection (ZIWE, INSECURE, and more); Black Movies Matter Collection (42, King Richard, and more); Docs & Historical Drama Collection (Tiger, Woman in Motion, and more); and Strong Female Leads Collection (2 DOPE QUEENS, I MAY DESTROY YOU, and more). Other notable premieres during Black History Month include and Woman King and Black Ice.
FEBRUARY 2 – BLACK ICE *Canadian Documentary Premiere*
- The TSN and Crave Original documentary, BLACK ICE, from UNINTERRUPTED Canada, premieres Thursday, Feb. 2 at 9 p.m. ET. The full-length feature documentary examines the role of Black players in hockey and is directed by OSCAR® nominee Hubert Davis, and executive produced by LeBron James, Drake, and Maverick Carter. BLACK ICE is a sobering survey of systemic marginalization within one of the world’s most beloved team sports and features an incredible roster of hockey players offering their insight and testimony, women and men from both major and minor leagues, including Akim Aliu, Sarah Nurse, Saroya Tinker, Mark Connors, Wayne Simmonds, and P.K. Subban. Their stories are eye-opening and often painful, but their bravery in sharing their experiences, along with their faith in the fundamental beauty and excitement of hockey, infuse the documentary with a galvanizing sense of hope for a more inclusive future.
FEBRUARY 16 – STAR TREK: PICARD *Season 3 Premiere*
- The third and final season of hit series STAR TREK: PICARD premieres on Thursday, Feb. 16 with a 10-episode-long season. STAR TREK: PICARD features Patrick Stewart reprising his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard, and follows this iconic character into the next chapter of his life. Tony Award-winner Amanda Plummer joins the cast in a recurring role as Vadic, the mysterious alien captain of the Shrike, a warship that has set its sights on Jean-Luc Picard and his old crewmates from his days on the Enterprise. Plus, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Jonathan Frakes, Gates McFadden, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner, Jeri Ryan, and Michelle Hurd also star. The series follows a weekly release schedule with new episodes streaming Thursdays.
FEBRUARY 17 – THE WOMAN KING *Movie Premiere*
- Awarded Best Picture at the African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA), and rated 94% certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, THE WOMAN KING is the remarkable story of the Agojie, the all-female unit of warriors who protected the African Kingdom of Dahomey in the 1800s with skills and a fierceness unlike anything the world has ever seen. Inspired by true events, the film follows the emotionally epic journey of General Nanisca (Oscar®-winner Viola Davis, who was recently nominated for a Golden Globe Award for her role in the film, as she inspires the King to take on the enemies determined to violate their honor and destroy their way of life.
FEBRUARY 17 – THUNDER BAY *Crave Original Series Premiere*
- THUNDER BAY is a four-part Crave Original docuseries based on the ground-breaking podcast from CANADALAND, Thunder Bay. The gripping investigative series is produced and hosted by Anishinaabe journalist and award-winning writer, Ryan McMahon, who is on a quest to uncover the truth in the deaths of numerous Indigenous people in Thunder Bay, Ontario – a Canadian city which has historically had high rates of homicides and hate crimes. McMahon’s investigation sheds light on the history of racism in Thunder Bay and examines the failings of the Thunder Bay Police Service. The series unravels the country’s complicated relationship with colonialism, examining the consequences of the broken system in which some can thrive, while many others, disproportionally struggle to survive. Executive produced, and written by McMahon. THUNDER BAY debuts on Friday, Feb. 17 with the first two episodes, followed by the final two episodes on Feb. 24.
FEBRUARY 24 – STARZ’s PARTY DOWN *Season 3 Premiere*
- The cult comedy series PARTY DOWN returns for its much-anticipated third season, Friday, Feb. 24 on STARZ. Picking up 10 years from where the second season left off, most of the Party Down catering team have moved on, including actor/bartender Henry Pollard (Adam Scott). After a surprise reunion, the gang find themselves once again stoically enduring the procession of random parties and oddball guests all over Los Angeles. Scott reprises his role alongside original cast members Ken Marino, Jane Lynch, Martin Starr, Ryan Hansen, and Megan Mullally. New cast members this season include Jennifer Garner, Tyrel Jackson Williams, and Zoë Chao, while James Marsden guest stars. The series follows a weekly release schedule, with new episodes dropping.
FEBRUARY 27 – Crave Original Documentary THE GRIZZLIE TRUTH *Canadian Documentary Premiere*
- Gaining critical acclaim since its premiere at the 2022 Vancouver International Film Festival, the TSN and Crave Original documentary, THE GRIZZLIE TRUTH streams Monday, Feb. 27. The film explores the mysterious departure of the Vancouver Grizzlies NBA franchise through the eyes of director and superfan Kathleen S. Jayme. Her search, 25 years after the team left, explores the unique and remarkable untold story behind the franchise’s downfall, and the impact it had on the community. Much more than a sports story, THE GRIZZLIE TRUTHis a blend of mystery, mixed with a comedy of errors and a true underdog epic that drives Jayme’s search for the truth about what happened to the franchise.
FEBRUARY 1 – Crave Celebrates Valentine’s Day
- Crave spreads the love for Valentine’s Day with its many programming collections including; Galentine’s Collection featuring HBO’s HACKS, Bridesmaids, and more; Love & Romance Collection featuring Time Traveler’s Wife, HBO’s SEX DIARIES, and more; and Valentine’s Day Episodes, featuring iconic Valentine-themed episodes from the Crave Original series LETTERKENNY, THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR, and more.
FEBRUARY 3 – HBO MAX’s THE OTHER TWO *Season 1-2 Premiere*
- An aspiring actor, Cary (Drew Tarver), and his sister Brooke (Heléne Yorke), a former professional dancer, try to find their places in the world while wrestling with their feelings about their 13-year-old brother Chase’s sudden rise to internet fame. The critically accailmed series is created, written, and executive produced by former SNL co-head writers Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider, and stars Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke, Case Walker, Ken Marino, and Molly Shannon. Seasons 1 and 2 of THE OTHER TWO drop Friday, Feb. 3.
FEBRUARY 7 – HBO’s ALL THAT BREATHES *Documentary Premiere*
- The Oscar® nominated HBO Documentary Film ALL THAT BREATHES, from director Shaunak Sen (Cities of Sleep), debuts Tuesday, Feb. 7 at 9 p.m. ET. ALL THAT BREATHES follows two brothers who devote their lives to the quixotic effort of protecting the black kite, a majestic bird of prey essential to the ecosystem of New Delhi that has been falling from the sky at alarming rates. Amid environmental toxicity and social unrest, the ‘kite brothers’ spend day and night caring for the creatures in their makeshift avian basement hospital. The film explores the connection between the kites and the Muslim brothers who help them return to the skies, offering a mesmerizing chronicle of inter-species coexistence.
FEBRUARY 10 – STARZ’s MACK & RITA *Movie Premiere*
- When 30-year-old self-proclaimed homebody Mack Martin (Elizabeth Lail) reluctantly joins a Palm Springs bachelorette trip for her best friend Carla (Taylour Paige), her inner 70-year-old is released — literally. The frustrated writer and influencer magically transforms into her future self: “Aunt Rita” (Oscar® winner Diane Keaton). Freed from the constraints of other people’s expectations, Rita comes into her own, becoming an unlikely social media sensation and sparking a tentative romance with Mack’s adorable dog-sitter, Jack (Dustin Milligan). Streaming Friday, Feb. 10, STARZ’s MACK & RITA is a sparkling comedy with a magical twist that celebrates being true to yourself at any age.
FEBRUARY 18 – Pokémon Animation on Crave
- Select titles from the Pokémon franchise, one of the most popular entertainment properties in the world, are coming to Crave. Beginning Saturday, Feb. 18, subscribers can catch fan-favourite films including: the 1998 classic POKÉMON: THE FIRST MOVIE, and POKÉMON THE MOVIE: I CHOOSE YOU!, plus popular seasons from the animated TV show such as POKÉMON: ADVENTURES IN THE ORANGE ISLANDS,POKÉMON THE SERIES: XY, POKÉMON THE SERIES: XY KALOS QUEST, and POKÉMON THE SERIES: XYZ. Information about additional Pokémon content on Crave is to be announced at a later date.
FEBRUARY 11 – HBO’s MARC MARON: FROM BLEAK TO DARK
- The HBO Original stand-up comedy special MARC MARON: FROM BLEAK TO DARK debuts Saturday, Feb. 11 at 10 p.m. ET. Legendary comedian and podcaster Marc Maron stars in his first-ever HBO comedy special filmed in front of a live audience at New York City’s Town Hall. Over the course of a hilarious and deeply personal hour, Maron explores such universal topics as getting older, antisemitism and faith, and the superiority of having cats over children – especially during the pandemic. The comedian also opens up about the loss of his partner in 2020 and reestablishing his complicated relationship with his father. Funny and fearless, MARC MARON: FROM BLEAK TO DARK showcases the comedian’s expertly layered cynicism as he deftly weaves humor and pathos into his signature style of storytelling.
FEBRUARY 19 – HBO’s LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER *Season 10 Premiere*
- HBO’s Emmy®-winning talk series LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER returns for its tenth season, Sunday, Feb. 19 at 11 p.m. with comedian, actor, and writer, John Oliver. A satirical, insightful, and meticulously researched look at current events in the U.S. and around the world, the weekly series features Oliver’s hilarious, expertly honed perspective on today’s pressing political, social, and cultural issues, as well as lesser-reported topics that both inform and entertain. Shot in New York, Season 10 features the show’s weekly topical insights, signature deep dives, and distinctive comedy pieces. The series follows a weekly release schedule with new episodes dropping Sundays.