Sympatico is rebranded The Loop
With a proudly Canadian foundation and one of Canadaâ€™s largest online communities, Bell Media announced today that its Sympatico portal is rebranding asÂ The LoopÂ at TheLoop.ca onÂ Thursday, Dec. 13.Â The LoopÂ is an entirely new brand destination that enhances and strengthens the most successful content on Sympatico, with more original video hosted by distinctive personalities.Â The LoopÂ is a new daily destination for busy people, where users can get in the loop about the latest news and information, entertainment buzz, and practical lifestyle advice designed to help make life better and easier. New content channels, including â€śLivingâ€ť, â€śStyleâ€ť, and â€śShowbizâ€ť, all have a lifestyle focus with fresh and fun, shareable content.Â
â€śAfter 17 years of digital innovation and marketplace success, Sympatico was ready for the next stage in its evolution â€“ the bringing together of Bell Mediaâ€™s content expertise with the incredible digital delivery opportunities of Sympatico,â€ť said Catherine MacLeod, Vice-President, Specialty Channels, Bell Media. â€śThe LoopÂ is a daily destination with brand-defining correspondents for each content channel, and a whole team dedicated to original video production.Â The LoopÂ will enhance the experience of our loyal Sympatico audiences with content so effortless and fun, visitors to the site will want to make it part of their daily routine.â€ť
The Loopâ€™sÂ inspiring channels will build on Sympaticoâ€™s most successful content and deliver new, engaging and informative lifestyle content that connects with the 25-54 demographic. Each will feature video series and segments from industry experts.
The Loop LivingÂ is usersâ€™ new BFF: approachable and realistic and not afraid to ask (or answer) the tough questions. The content is smart and engaging, delivered in a genuine, trustworthy tone. It provides the tools to make life better and easier, never forgetting that having fun along the way is just as important. Content highlights include:
- Cynthia LoystÂ having candid discussions about love and relationships of all kinds, whether with co-workers, friends, or significant others.
- Girl about townÂ Aimee KeaneÂ brings visitors the hottest trends in food, drink and style, and how to hit them on a budget.
- Gardening expert and THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW regularÂ Owen ReevesÂ takes the mystery out of gardening for those who donâ€™t remember, or never knew how.
- APP CENTRALâ€™sÂ Amber MacArthur, takes users into the evolving world of technology and social media, highlighting the latest and greatest apps for busy lives.
From bathroom tile to boyfriend blazers,Â The Loop StyleÂ exposes Canadians to all aspects of personal style without being pretentious. Visitors can expect articles and video that is conversational, accessible, and approachable. The channel includes:
- Video features from international fashion journalism iconÂ Jeanne Beker. In her uniquely Jeanne way, FashionTelevisionChannelâ€™s Beker makes sense of the latest in fashion and culture to help usersâ€™ define their own sense of style.
- Experts from THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, including:
- Taking on fashion and trends in a more hands-on way,Â Peter Papapetrou. discusses what fashion-conscious readers need, and what they really donâ€™t have to care about.
- Sebastien CentnerÂ discusses all aspects of entertaining, from dĂ©cor to great cocktails to recipes.
- Eden BluesteinÂ chats about all things beauty in her bubbly, engaging way.
- Amanda ForrestÂ makes the world of home dĂ©cor and design much more accessible, broken down into manageable elements that work in real life.
Whether the userâ€™s focus is family, work, or their social life,Â The Loop ShowbizÂ carefully hand-picks a daily pop culture fix. Friendly and opinionated experts aim to amuse while guiding users through a vibrant mix of news, reviews, and celebrity interviews, like:
- Fun insider interpretation of the best entertainment news with ETALKâ€™sÂ Danielle McGimsie.
- With her penchant for cooking and baking, along with her love for celebrity interviews, E!â€™sÂ Leah MillerÂ will cook and converse with celebs that may or may not be skilled in the kitchen.
In a culture of information overload,Â The Loop NewsÂ offers high-quality news and information from CTV News, Canadaâ€™s #1 news organization. With a spotlight on those news items that are most meaningful forÂ The LoopÂ audience,Â The Loop NewsÂ makes the connection between important events and day-to-day living in Canada.
About The Loop
With more original content, great personalities and fresh focus on lifestyle,Â The LoopÂ is a new online destination that unifies and strengthens the most successful content from Sympatico to inform, entertain and inspire Canadians.
About Bell Media Digital:
Bell Media Digital delivers the most popular news, sports, entertainment and lifestyle media in Canada through dynamic systems including Canadaâ€™s leading online video network, award-winning websites, user-generated content sites, mobile-optimized sites and apps. Bell Media Digital is a division of Bell Media, Canadaâ€™s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canadaâ€™s largest communications company.