Cottage Life announces the Canadian premiere of the high-intensity cooperative adventure series The Brigade: Race to the Hudson (8×60) which sees 10 strangers work together in a race-against-time, 1,200-kilometre, 28-day journey to retrace the historic fur trade route from the Pacific Coast to the icy shores of Hudson Bay. The eight-part series begins on the west coast of Canada in Castlegar, BC and follows the group’s trek across dangerous waterways and rugged terrain, in an attempt to make it to the York Factory fur-trading post and share in the $500,000 cash prize. The Brigade: Race to the Hudson premieres Tuesday, October 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, exclusively in Canada on Cottage Life, with new episodes airing weekly into mid-December.
Each cast member brings different skills, experiences and personalities to give themselves a fighting chance. The participants must work together to face extreme physical and mental pressures including navigating fierce whitewater, hiking over mountains, as well as fishing and hunting for sustenance without fuel or GPS. There are no eliminations. The only way out is to quit or be medically evacuated. The Brigade: Race to the Hudson is unlike any other competition on TV, as it relies on the collective strengths of its cast to support each other against all odds to reach their destination in only 28 days for their chance to share in the big cash prize.
The participants taking part in The Brigade: Race to the Hudson include five Canadians:
- Carley Julien – Registered Nurse (Port Hardy, British Columbia)
- Dylan Applebaum – Accounting Student and Consultant (Montreal, Quebec)
- Leroy Fontaine – Firefighter/Paramedic and Underwater Helicopter Crash Rescue Instructor (Hammond Plains, Nova Scotia)
- Matthew Aird – Paramedic/Whitewater Rafting Guide (Rossland British Columbia)
- Vincent Coulombe – General Contractor and Canoe Guide (Langley, British Columbia)
And five Americans:
- Austin Metheny – Landscape and Hunting/Fishing Guide (Hurst, Texas)
- Don Mann – Retired Navy Seal and Author (Cape Charles, Virginia)
- Kaleb Summers – Self-Employed Subcontractor (Claremore, Oklahoma)
- Traci Kroupa – Retired Military Veteran and Outdoor Education Instructor (Yorkville, Illinois)
- Tracyn Thayer – Festival Manager at Spartan Race (Mason Township, Maine)
The Brigade: Race to the Hudson is the next evolution of the survival genre TV series, with a cooperative competition format that forces participants to work together to trek the historic fur trade route and make it across the finish line. Catch the exclusive Canadian premiere of The Brigade: Race to the Hudson on Tuesday, October 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Cottage Life, with new episodes rolling out every Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Cottage Life is a Blue Ant Media multi-platform brand, celebrating the people, activities, and places that make the leisure time special. Exclusive content covers real estate, food, DIY projects and much more. Both informative and entertaining, no one captures the essence of weekend living like this. Tv.cottagelife.com. Follow us on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Pinterest/YouTube