It’s a dance-off! After a three-year hiatus, MTV turns up the heat with the return of fan-favourite series AMERICA’S BEST DANCE CREW: ROAD TO THE VMAS this Wednesday, July 29 at 11 p.m. ET on MTV. Hosted by Jason Dundas (ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT), the panel of judges includes Broadway theatre actor Frankie Grande, hip-hop artist T-Pain, and recording artist Teyena Taylor. This season, six all-star dance crews create routines inspired by VMA-related challenges. The winner takes it all in the final episode set to air right before the 2015 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS on Sunday, August 30 at 7 p.m. ET on MTV.
Competing for the chance to cement their ABDC legacy are Super Cr3w (Season 2 champions), Quest Crew (Season 3 champions), We Are Heroes (Season 4 champions), I.aM.mE (Season 6 champions), Elektrolytes (Season 7 champions), and new crew Kinjaz, which includes members from Season 1 champions Jabbawockeez and Kaba Modern. To help celebrate the return of this hit series, and the six returning crews, here are seven throwback clips:
- Jabbawockeez break it down in “Funkytown” with the evolution of hip-hop
- Kaba Modern celebrate the King of Pop and “Thriller”
- Super Cr3w: Breakdance + Basketball + Busta Rhymes = Slamdunk
- Quest Crew dances to Britney Spears’ “Toxic”…BLINDFOLDED!
- We Are Heroes go Vogue with Madonna
- Justin Bieber’s “Somebody To Love” Gives I.aM.mE Bieber Fever
- Elektrolytes light up the stage to a David Guetta master mix