Business News Network (BNN), Canada’s source for business and investment news, has posted its highest weekly reach among television audiences in two years, while topping Canadian business news competitors in overall visitor time on BNN.ca and BNN GO.
Data from Numeris confirms BNN has an average weekly reach of more than 1 million viewers since December 2015. Comparatively, BNN reached nearly four times the number of viewers of its closest Canadian competitor Bloomberg TV Canada since its launch in the same period, and 81% more than its long-time U.S. broadcast competitor CNBC. This latest data solidifies BNN as the most-watched source for Canadians looking to invest, build their business, and protect their family’s financial well-being.*
BNN.ca charted its strongest two-month period in January/February 2016, charting record highs for unique visitors, while topping all competing Canadian-owned business news and research sites for both total hours and time spent per visitor, according to comScore data.**
“Our television and digital audiences have grown and continue to grow,” said Grant Ellis, General Manager, Business News Network. “BNN has one of the most engaged and loyal Business audiences in Canadian media.”
A closer look at audience data from Numeris for Nov. 30, 2015 to March 20, 2016 reveals:
- BNN reaches nearly five times as many total Canadians (P2+, 335,000 vs. 68,000) and more than five times the adults 18+ (317,000 vs. 63,000) each day than Bloomberg TV Canada.
- While the North American markets are open (9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. ET), BNN is the clear choice for viewers with more than four times the adult audience of Bloomberg TV Canada (18,600 vs. 4,000), and more than four times the adult audience of CNBC (4,500).
- BNN’s original Canadian programming remains strong vs. comparable, direct timeslot competition: BNN’s THE CLOSE (17,100) has posted an average audience that is more than six times larger than Bloomberg TV Canada’s 4 pm ET show THE DAILY BRIEF (2,800) since it launched at the end of 2015, and MARKET CALL TONIGHT (13,200) has 10 times the audience of Bloomberg TV Canada’s BLOOMBERG NORTH (1,300) in the 6-6:30 pm EThalf-hour since it launched in February.
Highlights of BNN’s digital metrics for Dec. 2015 to Feb. 2016 include:
- Canadians spend more time with BNN.ca than any competing Canadian business news site, drawing nearly 470,000 total hours of visitors’ time per month.
- On average, a visit to BNN.ca lasts 10 minutes, more than double the time of visits of its next closest Canadian competitor.
- On average, BNN.ca visitors spend just under one hour per month with the site’s content and video, ranking fourth across all business/finance news and research sites in Canada, and first among Canadian competitors.
*Numeris, Total Canada (2+ and 18+), Nov. 30, 2015 – March 20, 2016
**comScore Media Metrix Multi-Platform, Dec. 2015 – Feb. 2016 average
Competitor set = The Globe And Mail – Report On Business, The Globe And Mail – Globe Investor, La Presse Affaires, THESTAR.COM Business, Les Affaires Sites,BNN.CA, STOCKHOUSE.COM, Canoe Money / Argent, FOOL.CA, ADVISOR.CA