Canada’s Sports Leader delivers all the news and analysis surrounding NHL Trade Deadline Day during TRADECENTRE ’14 (#TradeCentre) – TSN’s signature 10-hour event. Consistently ranking as the industry’s most-watched and most-trusted source for NHL Trade Deadline Day news, TRADECENTRE ’14 airs Wednesday, March 5beginning at 8 a.m. ET on TSN.
Before kicking off TRADECENTRE ’14, TSN’s team of Hockey Insiders and experts set up one of the most anticipated days of the hockey season during the 60-minute COUNTDOWN TO TRADECENTRE airing tomorrow (Tuesday, March 4) at 8:30 p.m. ET.
From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, TRADECENTRE ’14 delivers in-depth coverage of every trade. For fans at work or on-the-go, the entire broadcast will be available via live stream on TSN.ca and on the brand new TSN Hockey app. TRADECENTRE ’14 will also be available live on NHL Network in the U.S.
Immediately following TRADECENTRE ’14 on TSN, host Rod Smith recaps the day’s events with reaction from around the NHL on SPORTSCENTRE at 6 p.m. ET while NHL ON TSN takes over at 7 p.m. ET with Toronto @ NY Rangers.
TSN has been delivering comprehensive coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day since 2000. Each year, Canadians overwhelmingly make TRADECENTRE their #1 choice for news and analysis. Last year’s TRADECENTRE more than doubled the average audience recorded by its closest competitor, while TSN Digital recorded 23.6 million page views across all of its platforms – making it one of the Top 5 busiest days ever in TSN Digital history
TRADECENTRE ’14 Broadcast Team
Host James Duthie leads TSN’s TRADECENTRE ’14 team of Hockey Insiders and experts – including former NHL players, coaches, and general managers – through 10 hours of hockey talk. Throughout the day, TRADECENTRE ’14 will feature interviews, breaking news and instant analysis of each transaction, while also checking in with SPORTSCENTRE’s Bureau Reporters on site with each Canadian team to file live reports.
The TRADECENTRE ’14 broadcast team:
- Host: James Duthie
- Trade Breaker Desk: Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun, and Gord Miller
- Instant Analysis Panel: Aaron Ward, Ray Ferraro, and Mike Johnson
- Deadline Panel: Gino Reda, Martin Biron, plus Jeff O’Neill and Jay Feaster
- The Big Board: Craig Button
- Post2Post: Jamie McLennan looks at goalies on the market
- Satellite Contributors: Pierre McGuire in Philadelphia and Darren Pang in New York City
- TSN The Reporters Panel: Dave Hodge with Michael Farber, Toronto Sun’s Steve Simmons, and National Post’sBruce Arthur
- SPORTSCENTRE Bureau Reporters: Cory Woron, Brent Wallace, Ryan Rishaug, Sara Orlesky, Mark Masters, John Lu, Farhan Lalji, Paul Hollingsworth, Jermain Franklin, and Matthew Scianitti
- SPORTSCENTRE Updates: Jennifer Hedger
RAM has signed on as lead sponsor of TRADECENTRE ’14 and the Trade Breaker Desk, helmed by TSN’s Hockey Insiders.
TRADECENTRE ’14 on TSN Digital
Launching just in time for TRADECENTRE ’14, the fully customizable TSN Hockey app delivers real-time game updates, news alerts, video highlights, and more from Hockey Canada, NHL, and AHL. Designed and engineered in partnership with the Toronto-based digital studio The Working Group, the TSN Hockey app is available on iOS and will soon be available for Android.
The TSN Hockey app and TSN.ca are the ultimate destinations for NHL Trade Deadline Day. In addition to live streamingTRADECENTRE ’14, these TSN Digital platforms also feature the following highlights:
- Trade Tracker – delivering real-time updates on all the trades as they happen.
- Twitter Tracker – pulling together tweets from TSN’s team of Hockey Insiders, experts, and correspondents
- TSN Big Board – providing stats, cap hits and other key information on players in play
- Trade Deadline Playbooks – displaying each team’s situations in terms of upcoming free agents, players with no-trade clauses, top prospects, and potential plans
- TSN Fantasy Guru Scott Cullen’s take on NHL Trade Deadline Day’s impact from a fantasy perspective
In addition, TSN’s social media team keeps fans in the loop on TSN’s official Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts with real-time content related to the biggest trades. The TRADECENTRE ’14 broadcast will also feature fan tweets using the hashtag #TradeCentre within the TradeCentre Twitter Bar.
TRADECENTRE ’14 on TSN Radio
For in-depth local coverage of NHL Trade Deadline Day, fans can listen to TSN Radio stations across the country: TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg, TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton, and TEAM 1040 in Vancouver. Live streaming of TSN Radio is also available on TSN Digital platforms.
Each station features coverage focused on the local NHL team in their market and dips in and out of live coverage ofTRADECENTRE ’14 – with the television broadcast also featuring look-ins from select TSN Radio stations.