It’s long been a perfect complement to Canada Day, and once again it can be found on Canada’s Sports Leader, as TSN, TSN2, TSN.ca andTSN Mobile TV keep tabs on all of the NHL’s free agents with the sixth annual, multi-platform event: FREE AGENT FRENZY. Coverage begins on Sunday, July 1 at 12 noon ET on TSN when the free agent market officially opens for business, and then continues at 2 p.m. ET on TSN2.
For fans hanging out on the dock or kicking back with family, FREE AGENT FRENZY is also availabl
e live in its entirety on TSN Mobile TV and TSN.ca in Canada, and on NHL Network in the U.S.
FREE AGENT FRENZY made its debut on TSN in 2006 and has become a Canada Day tradition for hockey fans across the country. This year, the FREE AGENT FRENZYbroadcast is part of a jam-packed Canada Day of marquee live sporting events on TSN and TSN2, including the UEFA EURO 2012 Final (see below for broadcast schedule).
Host James Duthie leads TSN’s FREE AGENT FRENZY team of hockey analysts, Insiders, reporters and correspondents – providing breaking news and instant analysis of the day’s events, along with live interviews with players, coaches and GMs. TSN’s correspondents are with each Canadian team to file live reports throughout the day.
The FREE AGENT FRENZY broadcast team is as follows:
- Host: James Duthie
- Free Agent Signing Breakers: Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun and Gord Miller
- Instant Analysis Panel: Duthie with Ray Ferraro, Marc Crawford and Pierre McGuire
- Post-2-Post: Jamie McLennan
- TSN The Reporters Panel: Dave Hodge with TSN’s Dave Naylor, Sports Illustrated’s Michael Farber and Toronto Sun’s Steve Simmons
- TSN Correspondents: Farhan Lalji, Ryan Rishaug, Jermain Franklin, Sara Orlesky, Mark Masters, Katherine Dolan, Brent Wallace, and John Lu
Social media is front and centre throughout the broadcast, as fans can keep up with their favourite free agents by following TSN’s hockey experts on Twitter. Fans can also join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #TSN – with tweets from fans and NHL players featured during FREE AGENT FRENZY.
Later, Duthie returns at 7 p.m. ET on TSN2 with the FREE AGENT FRENZY broadcast team to wrap up the day that was in the NHL.
Canada’s industry-leading sports website has comprehensive coverage of one of the league’s pivotal days. Complementing TSN.ca’s live streaming of FREE AGENT FRENZY is a live blog – giving fans the ability to chat while watching the broadcast. TSN.ca also has a complete list of restricted and unrestricted free agents by team and a free agent tracker that shows all the relevant UFAs. Fans can sort the tracker by position, new team, old team and contract value.
All summer long, fans can head to TSN.ca/NHL for news on free agent signings as they break during the off-season.
TSN and TSN2’s broadcast schedule for Sunday, July 1 is as follows:
- · 12 noon ET – FREE AGENT FRENZY
- · 2 p.m. ET – UEFA EURO 2012: Final
- · 5:30 p.m. ET – SPORTSCENTRE
- · 7 p.m. ET – CFL ON TSN: Montreal @ Calgary
- · 8 a.m. ET – TOUR DE FRANCE: Stage 1
- · 2 p.m. ET – FREE AGENT FRENZY
- · 3 p.m. ET – PGA TOUR: AT&T National
- · 7 p.m. ET – FREE AGENT FRENZY: Wrap-Up Show
- · 7:30 p.m. ET – EURO TONIGHT
- · 8 p.m. ET – SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL: New York Mets @ L.A. Dodgers
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN’s on-air personalities