Score Media Inc. (TSX: SCR) has announced its final coverage results for the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship tournament and has engaged a record number of March Madness fans across its broadcast, online and mobile platforms.
“2009 has been our biggest March Madness yet,” comments John Levy, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Score Media Inc. “Each year, we offer Score fans more and more options to follow the tournament, with tons of original content across the board. The approach is clearly working – we saw strong increases across all of our platforms in 2009 and plan to continue to grow those numbers in 2010 and beyond.”
Highlights of The Score’s March Madness 2009 coverage:
• The Score enjoyed huge gains with average tournament viewership of 60,000, an increase of 22% over 2008 levels and 40% over 2007 levels
• The Score made big gains within its key Male 18-34 demographic, more than doubling its viewership numbers within this age group over 2008 levels
• The Score’s SunTV simulcast were a resounding success, averaging 118,000 viewers from the Sweet Sixteen through the finals
• 1,400,000+ views of March Madness sections at www.thescore.com with 180,000+ views of The Score’s new online video platform
• 1,200,000+ views of NCAA basketball pages on ScoreMobile iPhone Edition, with over 80,000 views of streaming mobile video highlights
The Score’s online and mobile numbers for the NCAA tournament grew significantly in 2009 as a record number of basketball fans followed the action at www.thescore.com and through ScoreMobile iPhone Edition.
The Score provided the following online and mobile coverage options:
• The Score’s exclusive Tourney Central blog, featuring up-to-the-second news, commentary, hits and disses: http://my.thescore.com/marchmadness
• Live updates as they happened through The Score’s Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/the_score
• Game previews, live scores, and recaps through ScoreMobile (at http://m.thescore.com) and ScoreMobile iPhone Edition (available in the iTunes AppStore or at http://iphone.thescore.com)
• Interactive live blogging on all match-ups from the Sweet Sixteen through to the Final on ScoreMobile iPhone Edition
• Video highlights for every game through various Canadian mobile carrier video decks