Rogers Sportsnet hits the ice with more Edmonton Oilers hockey than any other Canadian broadcaster featuring 60 regular-season games in 2011-12. TELUS Oilers Hockey gets underway with Edmonton’s season opener on Sunday, Oct. 9 at 7 p.m. (MT) on Sportsnet West when the Oilers host the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Sportsnet’s Oilers broadcast schedules 43 games on Sportsnet West and 17 games on the Sportsnet ONE companion channel, Sportsnet Oilers. The schedule features 16 divisional-rival games and 13 against Canadian-based teams.
“We want to serve Oil Country with the most unparalleled coverage of Edmonton Oilers hockey,” said Navaid Mansuri, Vice President of Finance & Sports Programming, Rogers Broadcasting Ltd. “Our pre-game and post-game shows will bring fans closer to the action with extensive analysis for every Oilers contest.”
Oilers broadcasts will feature play-by-play announcer Kevin Quinn alongside former NHLer Louie DeBrusk as analyst and Gene Principe as host. Sportsnet Connected will preview every game and provide post-game analysis immediately prior to and following each game.
All 60 regular-season Oilers games on Sportsnet West and Sportsnet Oilers will be in high definition, including several key match-ups such as:
· 3 Battle of Alberta clashes – The Oilers go head-to-head against their provincial rivals, the Calgary Flames, including their final regular-season showdown on Friday, March 16 at 7:30 p.m. (MT)
· Oilers jet to Winnipeg – Edmonton plays their only game with the Jets this season on Monday, Feb. 27 at 6:30 p.m. (MT)
· 4 contests with the Canucks – Edmonton faces the reigning Western Conference Champion Vancouver Canucks four times starting at Rexall Place on Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 7:30 p.m. (MT).
· 2 games against the Leafs – Oilers have two dates with the Toronto Maple Leafs, on Monday, Feb. 6 at 5 p.m. (MT) and Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. (MT)
· The Price is Right – The Oilers battle Carey Price and the Montreal Canadiens twice starting on Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 5:30 p.m. (MT)
As an added bonus, Sportsnet West will deliver the Oilers pre-season game on Sunday, Sept. 25 at 6 p.m. (MT) when Edmonton duels with the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome.