This fall, Showcase delivers viewers a schedule packed with character-driven drama, starpower, exciting returning hits and a hot new series. Jon Tenney (The Closer) and Rebecca Romijn (X-Men: First Class) step onto the scene in the new detective drama King & Maxwell. The new series joins fan-”fae”vourite Lost Girl, brightly shining Copper, returning romance Beauty and the Beast and the always mysterious Haven. Also featuring new seasons of hits Covert Affairs, Royal Pains and Rizzoli & Isles and cable premieres of Hollywood blockbuster movies, the fall schedule launches August 26.
NOTE: Take a look at Showcase’s Fall Schedule on FallTVPreview.com
King & Maxwell stars Tenney and Romjin as bestselling author David Baldacci’s popular characters Sean King and Michelle Maxwell. He’s charming and always one step ahead of the game, she’s a fearless force and together, they have a leg up on conventional law enforcement.King & Maxwell also stars Michael O’Keefe (Michael Clayton) and Chris Butler (The Good Wife) as F.B.I. Special Agents Rigby and Carter, who clash with King and Maxwell over their less-than-legal methods, and Ryan Hurst (Sons of Anarchy) as a savant who helps them solve cases. King & Maxwell premieres Tuesday, August 27 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Hit spy series Covert Affairs returns Wednesday, August 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT delivering more globe-trotting adventure and dangerous top-secret assignments for Golden Globe® Award-nominated Piper Perabo. Season four sees Hill Harper (CSI:NY) join the cast as an ambitious CIA station chief based in Latin America. September 1 marks the return of bothCopper and Rizzoli & Isles to the Sunday night lineup. Featuring leading man Tom Weston-Jones, season two of Copper hosts a powerhouse lineup of guest stars visiting 1860s New York City, including Emmy® and Golden Globe Award-winning actress Alfre Woodward, Billy Baldwin and Donal Logue. The triumphant return of Rizzoli & Isles sees the friendship between Jane (Angie Harmon) and Maura (Sasha Alexander) facing new strains following the shooting in the season two finale. Copper, season two airs Sundays beginning September 1 at 9 p.m. ET/PT and Rizzoli & Isles, season three premieres Sunday, September 1 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
- Royal Pains returns as Hank (Mark Feuerstein) readies his return to a busier-than-ever HankMed after spending the winter recuperating from brain surgery. Season five airsThursdays beginning August 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
- The fight for the Iron Throne continues on Showcase when season two of Game of Thrones premieres Friday, August 30 at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT.
- Starring Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan, the 2013 People’s Choice Award-winner for Favourite New Drama, Beauty and the Beast, moves to a new day and time this fall.Beauty and the Beast, season two premieres Sunday, October 6 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.
- Season four of Lost Girl sees Bo (Anna Silk) venture on a journey of discovery when the lines between Dark and Light Fae are blurred. Lost Girl, season four anchorsShowcase‘s Sunday night lineup with a new time on Sundays beginning November 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
- Picking up six months after the violent meteor storm that saw Audrey (Emily Rose) and Duke (Eric Balfour) vanish into thin air and an injured Nathan (Lucas Bryant) was left marooned in Haven, season four of Haven premieres Sunday, December 1 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Always offering the best in the latest blockbuster hits, the Showcase Saturday Night Movie block boasts Hollywood heavy-hitters Chris Hemsworth, Johnny Depp, Penélope Cruz, Steve Carell and Daniel Craig in the cable premieres of hit films Thor, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Dinner for Schmucks and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Viewers can visit showcase.ca for the latest episodes of Showcase exclusives and original series, behind-the-scenes footage, series extras and big-name interviews.
*Please note that dates and times are subject to change.