NHL Network’s all-encompassing 2007/08 NHL national broadcast campaign offers hockey fans from coast-to-coast more live hockey than ever before with 40 live games, including six games with Pens’ superstar Sidney Crosby and exclusive live coverage in Canada of the second game from London, England. NHL Network also features a month-long ‘Free Preview’ of the network, beginning with the game from London, as well as an exciting contest for a trip for 16 to the NHL All-Star Weekend, and all the highlights, scores, stats and analysis any fan could want or need.
NHL Network’s 40-game broadcast package kicks off with Game Two of the season – Los Angeles vs. Anaheim – live from London, England on Sunday (September 30) at 12 noon ET, available exclusively in Canada on NHL Network. NHL Network will produce the game, which will also air live on Versus in the United States. Paul Romanuk and NHL Network’s Gary Green will call the game, providing play-by-play and analysis, respectively, while Dan Pollard hosts the studio show alongside analyst Larry Murphy.
In total, NHL Network’s 40-game schedule includes seven contests featuring the defending Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks, six games featuring Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins, 14 Monday night games and three doubleheaders. (See broadcast schedule below.)
This season also marks the return of Fan Favourite games, giving viewers the opportunity to choose which game will be broadcast on NHL Network on five separate occasions. In the days leading up to each game, viewers can log onto www.nhlnetwork.ca
Free Preview and Watch & Win Contest
The Los Angeles/Anaheim game marks the start of NHL Network’s month-long ‘Free Preview’, whereby viewers are able to watch NHL Network on participating digital television providers at no extra charge until October 31. Throughout the month, viewers will be privy to NHL Network programming that includes nine live NHL games, the network’s nightly signature program, NHL On The Fly, and exclusive NHL All-Access programming fans can’t see anywhere else in Canada.
As part of the ‘Free Preview’, NHL Network has created its biggest and most exciting promotion ever, a Watch & Win contest, whereby viewers can win the ultimate fan experience – a trip for 16 to the 2008 NHL All-Star Weekend in Atlanta on January 26-27.
Each night throughout the month of October, viewers watching NHL Network will be given daily entry codes on all network shows, including NHL On The Fly and live games. Viewers will then be asked to enter the codes online at www.nhlnetwork.ca
The Watch & Win contest is being supported by a multi-faceted media campaign that includes 30-second on-air promotional TV spots airing on NHL Network and TSN, 30-second spots on sports radio stations across the country, print ads in targeted hockey publications, web banners on TSN.ca, NHL.com and ESPN.com, and email blasts to TSN.ca’s national opt-in database. The initiative is also being promoted in SportsCentre via billboards and a national PR campaign.
NHL On The Fly
Dan Pollard and Brian Duff rotate as hosts of NHL Network’s flagship show, NHL On The Fly, which airs nightly throughout the hockey season from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. ET, and features up-to-the minute hockey information, live look-ins, extended highlights, overtime shootouts, real-time scores, interviews, pre- and post-game reports and news conferences. Pollard and Duff will be joined in studio for expert analysis from a variety of NHL veterans, including Gary Green, Dave Reid and Bill Berg. Todd Lewis and Jim Van Horne will also contribute to the show on a regular basis.
NHL Network’s 2007/08 Broadcast Schedule
* Sunday, Sept. 30 Los Angeles @ Anaheim (London) 12 noon ET
* Wednesday, Oct. 3 Dallas @ Colorado 9:30 p.m. ET
* Friday, Oct. 5 Pittsburgh @ Carolina 7 p.m. ET
* Sunday, Oct. 7 San Jose @ Colorado 8 p.m. ET
* *Sunday, Oct. 14 Fan Favourite Game 8 p.m. ET
* Monday, Oct. 15 Detroit @ Anaheim 10 p.m. ET
* Wednesday, Oct. 17 Nashville @ Anaheim 10 p.m. ET
* Friday, Oct. 19 Carolina @ Pittsburgh 7:30 p.m. ET
* Wednesday, Oct. 31 Columbus @ Los Angeles 10:30 p.m. ET
* Monday, Nov. 5 Pittsburgh @ New Jersey 7 p.m. ET
* Sunday, Nov. 11 Detroit @ Chicago 7 p.m. ET
* Monday, Nov. 12 New Jersey @ Pittsburgh 7:30 p.m. ET
* *Wednesday, Nov. 14 Fan Favourite Game 7 p.m. ET
* Sunday, Nov. 18 Detroit @ Columbus 5 p.m. ET
* Monday, Nov. 19 Florida @ Washington 7 p.m. ET
* Monday, Nov. 26 Buffalo @ Washington 7 p.m. ET
* Monday, Dec. 3 Phoenix @ Pittsburgh 7:30 p.m. ET
* Friday, Dec. 14 Minnesota @ Anaheim 10 p.m. ET
* Monday, Dec. 17 Washington @ Detroit 7 p.m. ET
* Monday, Dec. 17 Colorado @ Los Angeles 10:30 p.m. ET
* Sunday, Dec. 23 Boston @ Pittsburgh 3 p.m. ET
* Wednesday, Dec. 26 San Jose @ Los Angeles 10:30 p.m. ET
* *Monday, Dec. 31 Fan Favourite Game 7 p.m. ET
* Friday, Jan. 4 Chicago @ Anaheim 10 p.m. ET
* Sunday, Jan. 6 Detroit @ Chicago 7 p.m. ET
* Monday, Jan. 7 Nashville @ Anaheim 10 p.m. ET
* Sunday, Jan. 13 Philadelphia @ Washington 1 p.m. ET
* Thursday, Jan. 17 Dallas @ San Jose 10:30 p.m.
* *Thursday, Jan. 24 Fan Favourite Game 10:30 p.m. ET
* Friday, Feb. 8 Columbus @ San Jose 10:30 p.m. ET
* Sunday, Feb. 10 Florida @ Buffalo 6 p.m. ET
* Monday, Feb. 11 Phoenix @ Dallas 7 p.m. ET
* Monday, Feb. 18 Detroit @ Colorado 8 p.m. ET
* Monday, Feb. 18 Phoenix @ Los Angeles 10:30 p.m. ET
* Monday, Mar. 10 NY Rangers @ Buffalo 7 p.m. ET
* *Friday, Mar. 14 Fan Favourite Game 7:30 p.m. ET
* Friday, Mar. 14 St. Louis @ San Jose 10:30 p.m. ET
* Sunday, Mar. 23 NY Islanders @ Philadelphia 7 p.m. ET
* Thursday, Mar. 27 Phoenix @ Los Angeles 10:30 p.m. ET
* Sunday, April 6 Phoenix @ Anaheim 8 p.m. ET
Schedule subject to change
*NHL Network Fan Favourite game
NHL Network’s Fan Favourite Game Options
* Sunday, Oct. 14 – Detroit @ Los Angeles or Minnesota @ Anaheim – 8 p.m. ET
* Wednesday, Nov. 14 – NY Rangers @ New Jersey or Chicago @ Columbus – 7 p.m. ET
* Monday, Dec. 31 – St. Louis @ Detroit or San Jose @ Minnesota – 7 p.m. ET
* Thursday, Jan. 24 – Anaheim @ Los Angeles or St. Louis @ San Jose – 10:30 p.m. ET
* Friday, Mar. 14 – Carolina @ Buffalo or NY Rangers @ Florida – 7:30 p.m. ET
Schedule subject to change
NOTE: Channel Canada’s NHL Broadcast Schedule has opened yesterday with the addition of the schedules from the CBc, HDNet, Versus and RDS. We will add the information provided in this realease as well as the schedules from other channels (like SportsNet, TSN, A-Channel, NBC, etc) during the course of the week.