The Berkeley Sessions, premiering September 10 at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on Bravo!, is a new, six-episode original series spotlighting an eclectic group of singers and musicians as they entertain audiences at Toronto’s Berkeley Church. Produced in association with Bravo!, the beautifully shot, weekly series features performances by indie-rock father-son duo Bill and Joel Plaskett (Sept. 10); alt-country artist Jon Langford (Sept. 17); pop singer Sarah Slean (Sept. 24); neo-southern country-gothic artist Jim White (Oct. 1); acoustic guitar virtuoso Kaki King (Oct. 8); and singer-songwriter Pete Elkas (Oct. 15).
* Episode 1: Canadian indie-rocker Joel Plaskett performs, alongside his father Bill, the acoustic versions of his hits Nowhere With You and Happen Now.
* Episode 2: Jon Langford, founder of the punk band The Mekons, wows the Berkeley Church audience with his unique brand of Brit-style alt-country. Langford is also joined by members of Toronto’s The Sadies and the Burlington Male Welsh Choir.
* Episode 3: Canadian singer-songwriter Sarah Slean and her expert trio perform old favorites and selections from her latest release The Baroness.
* Episode 4: Southern songwriter and poet Jim White runs through an evocative set of his lyrically challenging, yet melodically appealing songs.
* Episode 5: No mere strummer, American guitarist Kaki King uses every part of her instrument to create an astonishing range of sounds and rhythms.
* Episode 6: Canadian singer-songwriter Pete Elkas, former member of the alternative rock band Local Rabbits, performs several of his haunting self-penned songs in his signature falsetto.