bpm:tv, Canadian television’s only dance network, launches its 2011-2012 season on Labour Day with a new lineup that puts the emphasis on big-name artists, live performances and interactive content.
Launched in September 2001, bpm:tv is a digital specialty television service that celebrates all aspects of electronic and dance music. Owned and operated by award-winning Toronto-based broadcaster Stornoway Communications, bpm:tv offers cutting-edge music videos, exclusive interviews with leading DJs and performers, club fashion reports and insider coverage of the biggest events in the world of dance culture.
New additions to the bpm:tv program schedule this fall include:
* The Viewer Top 10 (Tuesdays, Thursday and Sundays at 6 pm ET): bpm:tv puts viewers in control of the charts, inviting Canadians to vote online every week for their favourite new dance music videos.
* Pop Profiles (Mondays and Fridays at 8 pm ET): this weekly series from the UK offers up intimate portraits of such platinum-selling pop superstars as Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Kanye West.
* The Essential (Daily at 8:30 pm ET): from Beastie Boys to The Black Eyed Peas, this series showcases the greatest hits of dance music’s most influential and iconic artists.
* Europe After Dark (Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 pm ET/PT): this newly acquired travel series follows hosts Sean “Hollywood” Hamilton and Evan Paley on a whirlwind tour of the European capitals of club music, as they explore the hottest night spots in cities from Amsterdam to Athens.
Popular returning series include:
* Back @ Ya! (Daily at 7 pm ET): effervescent choreographer and dancer Jorie Brown plays viewers’ favourite video selections on this nightly all-request hour.
* Hot 20 Dance Chart (Daily at 9 pm ET/PT): radio personality Scott Fox takes viewers through a rundown of the week’s hottest dancefloor hits, compiled from the international dance music charts.
* Live Sessions (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 pm ET): this unique live performance series brings the club experience into the living room, capturing Canadian and international DJs in action behind the decks.
* London Live (Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 pm ET/PT): bpm:tv takes viewers to London and puts them in the front row for a series of exclusive concerts featuring such heavyweight electronic and dance artists as Kanye West, Cee-Lo Green, Ne-Yo and Akon.
* Club Fashion (Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm ET): host Jeff Rustia meets the trendsetters and tastemakers who define dancefloor fashion, and checks out the club couture on parade at nightspots around the world.
bpm:tv’s new fall schedule takes effect Monday, Sept.5, 2011.