Bell Media announced today the all-new Crave, featuring a catalogue of some of the most sought-after content in the world and more Emmy® Award-winning programming than any other service in Canada. For the first time ever, current HBO programming, including new episodes of GAME OF THRONES, as well as box-office hits such as Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and Wonder Woman, are available directly to all Canadians with access to the Internet. Additionally, Pay TV service The Movie Network (TMN) rebrands as Crave today, making the brand ubiquitous across all platforms.
The all-new Crave is available through participating television providers today and directly to consumers as of Monday, November 5 on Crave.ca, iOS, and Android. Crave becomes available on additional platforms in the coming weeks, including the ability to subscribe directly via the Crave app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
Crave’s exceptional entertainment offering is home to HBO, SHOWTIME®, Hollywood hit movies, VICE programming, a superior collection of kids’ content including movies as well as programs from WOW! Unlimited Media, and thousands of hours of acclaimed television series and original programming not found anywhere else.
The new Crave is an unrivalled value proposition offered in two packages – Crave and Crave + Movies + HBO – giving Canadians flexibility to choose the programming that best suits their needs.
“We’re excited to present one of the best entertainment offerings in North America, delivering thousands of hours of prestige programming at an unbeatable value,” said Randy Lennox, President, Bell Media. “Crave is immediately positioning itself as the leading option in Canada’s increasingly competitive streaming and SVOD market.”
“As HBO continues to create ground-breaking content, movies are bringing in record-breaking Pay TV audiences, and family-friendly titles continue to be some of the most popular On Demand and SVOD selections,” said Tracey Pearce, President, Distribution and Pay, Bell Media. “This is the content Canadians crave, and we’re delivering it on whatever platform they want.”
- Crave is available today through participating television providers across Canada. This gives consumers the added opportunity to access the Crave linear channels on traditional set-top boxes, as well as via On Demand channels, through the Crave app (iOS and Android), and online at Crave.ca. Customers should contact their television provider for pricing and details on how to subscribe.
- Crave is available as of Monday, November 5 directly to all Canadians with access to the Internet at Crave.ca, and via the Crave app on iOS and Android. Over the coming weeks, Crave will become available on all other partner platforms such as Apple TV, Xbox One, Samsung Smart TVs, and Amazon Fire TV.
- Offered at $9.99/month (plus applicable taxes), an Internet-only subscription to Crave includes exclusive access to more than 11,000 hours of content such as Crave Originals, current SHOWTIME programming, select HBO library content and previous seasons of some current HBO hits, a collection of VICE programming, acclaimed TV series, kids’ programming from WOW! Unlimited Media, and much more. Visit Crave.ca/subscribe for more information.
- For an additional $9.99/month ($19.98 total plus applicable taxes), Crave + Movies + HBO includes all the great content mentioned above, plus HBO’s current lineup of ground-breaking series, movies, documentaries and specials, and some of the best Hollywood-hit movies, spanning all genres. Visit Crave.ca/subscribe for more information.
Television Service Provider Packages
- Crave packages are available across Canada through participating television service providers. TV subscribers should contact their provider for pricing details and availability.
- The SHOWTIME Collection, which includes current programming like RAY DONOVAN, KIDDING, BILLIONS, THE AFFAIR, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA, PATRICK MELROSE, WHO IS AMERICA?, THE CHI, as well as past SHOWTIME hits such as DEXTER, TWIN PEAKS, EPISODES, CALIFORNICATION, and PENNY DREADFUL.
- The extensive HBO Collection, featuring HBO’s vast off-air library with classics such as THE SOPRANOS, THE WIRE, SEX AND THE CITY, ENTOURAGE, GIRLS, and more, plus select past seasons of HBO hits like GAME OF THRONES, BALLERS, INSECURE, and BIG LITTLE LIES.
- Recent watercooler hits such as THE HANDMAID’S TALE, STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, KILLING EVE, CASTLE ROCK, and more.
- The VICE Collection, featuring buzz-worthy titles like THE HUNT FOR THE TRUMP TAPES WITH TOM ARNOLD, the Emmy-nominated GAYCATION with Ellen Page, MOST EXPENSIVEST, F*CK THAT’S DELICIOUS, and THE TRIXIE & KATYA SHOW. Additional titles will join the collection early next year.
- Complete libraries of some of TV’s most iconic series like SEINFELD, CHEERS, FRASIER, and more.
- The Comedy Central Collection, featuring Seasons 1-21 of SOUTH PARK, NATHAN FOR YOU, BROAD CITY, and more.
- Two Kid’s Collections from WOW! Unlimited Media featuring THE ADVENTURES OF PADDINGTON BEAR, LEAGUE OF SUPER EVIL, THE PALS, and all four original seasons of REBOOT, plus the upcoming PEPPA PIG, WORLD OF QUEST, DOODLEBOPS ROADSHOW, and more.
- A limited-time offering of Starz content, such as COUNTERPART, VIDA, and SWEETBITTER, plus select previous seasons of POWER and PARTY DOWN.
- Crave Originals like the award-winning comedy LETTERKENNY, Crave Original stand-up specials created in partnership with Just For Laughs, the upcoming in-depth interview series MUCH STUDIOS PRESENTS: MIKE ON MUCH, and upcoming satirical dramedy NEW EDEN.
On Crave + Movies + HBO:
The thousands of hours of unrivalled television programming mentioned above, PLUS:
- HBO’s current lineup of ground-breaking series, movies, documentaries and specials such as GAME OF THRONES, WESTWORLD, SHARP OBJECTS, LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER, REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER, CAMPING, THE DEUCE, THE SHOP, the upcoming miniseries MY BRILLIANT FRIEND, and all-new seasons of TRUE DETECTIVE and VEEP.
- Hollywood-hit movies from most major movie studios spanning all genres, such as Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Wonder Woman, Pitch Perfect 3, Fifty Shades Freed, The Greatest Showman, Pacific Rim Uprising, Rampage, Red Sparrow, and countless others.
- An expanded Crave Kids Collection, featuring family-friendly movies like Despicable Me 3, The Lego Ninjago Movie, Ferdinand, The Boss Baby, and Paddington 2.
TMN and TMN Encore Rebrand
- The former TMN Pay TV linear channels are now rebranded as Crave 1, Crave 2, Crave 3, Crave 4, HBO Canada 1, and HBO Canada 2.
- TMN Encore Pay TV channels are now Encore 1 and Encore 2. As was previously announced, Starz and Bell Media have entered into an exclusive, long-term alliance to bring Starz to Canada, with TMN Encore rebranding in 2019.
- Former TMN subscribers now have access to thousands of hours of additional content through Crave.ca and the Crave app not available to them before, such as the award-winning Canadian comedy series LETTERKENNY, plus watercooler TV hits like THE HANDMAID’S TALE, KILLING EVE, STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, and CASTLE ROCK.
- TMN GO will be decommissioned and users will now access their on-demand content through the all-new Crave app, or by logging into Crave.ca with credentials from their television service provider.