Wednesday Night TV Ratings: BONES and GLEE Win Their Timeslot
As the conventional landscape becomes even more competitive, Global’s powerhouse lineup continues to shine. Last night, a new episode of Bones sailed past the competition in a non-simulcast to solidly win its timeslot nationally, both 2+ and in the key Adults 18-49 demo. Then at 9pm, this year’s breakout hit Glee went head-to-head with the season premiere of CTV’s drama Criminal Minds as well as CityTV’s new comedy Modern Family, and more than held its own nationally and in the key markets, marking another impressive week for the biting new comedy. Glee, now only in its 3rd week, was officially picked up for a full season order, the very first of the new fall series to receive this green light.
BONES (8pm) DATA HIGHLIGHTS (A18-49):
– 1.83 million viewers (2+ national); 797,400 viewers (A18-49)
– Won its time period nationally 2+, A18-49 and in all major markets
– Bones audience grew 15% nationally from last week’s premiere in the key A18-49 demo, and an amazing 41% in Toronto
GLEE (9pm) DATA HIGHLIGHTS (A18-49):
– 1.21 million viewers (2+ national); 713,900 viewers (A18-49)
– The No. 2 series for the night in its timeslot
– In Vancouver, Glee increased its viewership by an outstanding 20%.
In fact, despite the increased competition, the show experienced only a 12% decline nationally week to week.
– Glee beat out CityTV’s new half-hour comedies Modern Family and Cougar Town by 104% nationally A18-49, and by 22% in Toronto
Viewers who missed the Bones and Glee broadcasts can log onto GlobalTV.com at anytime to stream the complete episodes.
ATTENTION BONES FANS & GLEEKS – TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR ALL-NEW EPISODES ON
BONES Episode Synopsis: ‘The Plain in the Prodigy
Wednesday, September 30 – 8pm ET/PT (xx)Pre-Release(xx)
When the remains of an Amish youth are discovered near railroad tracks, Brennan and Booth suspect foul play after they learn the young man had been a piano prodigy but disappeared a short time before his Rumspringa, or exploration of the modern world. Meanwhile, Booth helps Cam keep an eye on her stepdaughter.
GLEE Episode Synopsis: ‘The Rhodes Not Taken’
Wednesday, September 30 – 9pm ET/PT
Will enlists a former classmate (Kristin Chenoweth) to spice up the glee club and her efforts appear to be going well. But a key member thinks otherwise.
Source: All data, as of August 31st 2009, BBM Canada PPM Overnight Data
based on Adults 18-49 unless otherwise indicated.