The alliance between Canadians and the world’s longest running reality show is stronger than ever. Global’s Survivor: South Pacific surged ahead of the competition for the third week in a row to win the night – and beat The X Factor – with over 2.2 million viewers (2+, national). The perennial fan favourite’s outstanding performance also helped it win in all four key markets, Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary and Edmonton (A18-49).
8-11PM DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data A 18-49):
· Survivor: South Pacific won the night nationally with 1.1 million viewers
· It outperformed closest competitor of the hour nationally, CTV’s The X Factor by 37%
· Survivor: South Pacific bested CBC’s Dragon’s Den by 114%
· And it had more than six times the audience of CityTV’s The Middle and Suburgatory pulling in 528% more viewers for the full hour nationally
· At 9pm, viewership for last night’s episode of Harry’s Law saw an increase of 54% over last week’s premiere
· And at 10pm, Kitchen Nightmares viewership grew nationally by 48% compared to last week’s episode
Shaw Media experienced another strong night on the Specialty front with five of the Top 10 in the core demo of A25-54 including History Television’s Ice Road Truckers, American Restoration, Pawn Stars and Swamp People. In fact, Ice Road Truckers claimed the number one spot in 2+, A25-54, F25-54, M25-54, A18-49 and F18-49.
Viewers who missed last night’s episodes of Survivor: South Pacific, Harry’s Law and Kitchen Nightmares can catch up on GlobalTV.com.
Source: BBM Canada PPM Overnight Data – 9/21/2011-9/28/2011, AMA (000) Ind2+, A1849, A25-54, F25-54, M25-54, F18-49.