With the confirmed data now in for the Fall 2012 premiere week, Global has set a fierce pace with its winning primetime line-up. Growing its audience year-over-year by 27%, Global leads the way with the biggest gain among the five major conventional networks. The network now has the #1 drama, NCIS, the #1 reality show, Survivor: Philippines, and also the season’s #1 new series, Elementary.Furthermore, with Elementary and Vegas, Global is the only broadcaster with new series securely landing in the Top 20 (2+, National).
In fact, the network has the top three NEW series this fall:
|AMA (000)||AMA (000)|
|RANKED IND. 2+||PROGRAM||CHANNEL||IND. 2+||A18-49|
“This is our season. Global came out of the gate strong and we are focused on keeping this fantastic momentum going,” said Barb Williams, SVP, Content, Shaw Media. “Fall launch is an exciting time and premiere week is the ultimate audience gauge. We already have a lot of wins to celebrate, best of all knowing that our schedule resonates so powerfully with our viewers.
PREMIERE WEEK DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data Adults 18-49 Nat Unless Stated Otherwise):
- Global holds 6 of the Top 10 spots, nationally: Hawaii Five-0 (Monday); NCIS & NCIS: LA (Tuesday); Survivor: Philippines(Wednesday); Glee & Elementary (Thursday)
- Global holds 5 of the Top 10 spots in the key Toronto market, and it has grown its primetime average by 36%, year-over-year
- Vancouver holds5 of the Top 10 spots, growing its primetime average by 22%, year-over-year
- Calgary holds4 of the Top 10 spots, growing its primetime average by 10%, year-over-year
- Edmonton holds7 of the Top 10 spots, growing its primetime average by 37%, year-over-year
Rating numbers source: BBM Canada PPM Confirmed Data, Audience Growth FL11=Sep19-25/11 vs. FL12=Sept24-30/12 Ind. 2+ AMA(000), Mo-Su 7p-11p, Toronto/Hamilton EM, Calgary EM, Edmonton EM, Vancouver/Victoria EM & Total Canada; Ranker based on FL12=Sept24-30/12, Ind. 2+ A18-49, Toronto/Hamilton EM, Calgary EM, Edmonton EM, Vancouver/Victoria EM & Total Canada; Top 5 New Series Ranker based on FL12=Sept10-30/12, Ind. 2+ & A18-49 AMA(000), Total Canada