Global Owns Premiere Week
With the confirmed data now in for the Fall 2012 premiere week,¬†Global¬†has set a fierce pace with its winning primetime line-up. Growing its audience year-over-year by¬†27%, Global leads the way with the biggest gain among the five major conventional networks. The network now has the #1 drama,¬†NCIS, the #1 reality show,¬†Survivor: Philippines, and also the season‚Äôs #1 new series,¬†Elementary.Furthermore, with¬†Elementary¬†and¬†Vegas, Global is the only broadcaster with new series securely landing in the Top 20 (2+, National).
In fact, the network has the¬†top¬†three¬†NEW series this fall:
|AMA (000)||AMA (000)|
|RANKED IND. 2+||PROGRAM||CHANNEL||IND. 2+||A18-49|
‚ÄúThis is our season. Global came out of the gate strong and we are focused on keeping this fantastic momentum going,‚ÄĚ said¬†Barb Williams, SVP, Content, Shaw Media. ‚ÄúFall launch is an exciting time and premiere week is the ultimate audience gauge. We already have a lot of wins to celebrate, best of all knowing that our schedule resonates so powerfully with our viewers.
PREMIERE WEEK DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data Adults 18-49 Nat Unless Stated Otherwise):
- Global holds¬†6¬†of the Top 10 spots, nationally:¬†Hawaii Five-0¬†(Monday);¬†NCIS¬†&¬†NCIS: LA¬†(Tuesday);¬†Survivor: Philippines(Wednesday);¬†Glee¬†&¬†Elementary¬†(Thursday)
- Global holds¬†5¬†of the Top 10 spots in the key Toronto market, and it has grown its primetime average by¬†36%, year-over-year
- Vancouver holds5¬†of the Top 10 spots, growing its primetime average by¬†22%, year-over-year
- Calgary holds4¬†of the Top 10 spots, growing its primetime average by¬†10%, year-over-year
- Edmonton holds7¬†of the Top 10 spots, growing its primetime average by¬†37%, year-over-year
Rating numbers source: BBM Canada PPM Confirmed Data, Audience Growth FL11=Sep19-25/11 vs. FL12=Sept24-30/12 Ind. 2+ AMA(000), Mo-Su 7p-11p, Toronto/Hamilton EM, Calgary EM, Edmonton EM, Vancouver/Victoria EM & Total Canada; Ranker based on FL12=Sept24-30/12, Ind. 2+ A18-49, Toronto/Hamilton EM, Calgary EM, Edmonton EM, Vancouver/Victoria EM & Total Canada; Top 5 New Series Ranker based on FL12=Sept10-30/12, Ind. 2+ & A18-49 AMA(000), Total Canada