Canada’s reigning queen of daytime returns with an all-new season of THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, airing live weekdays at 10 a.m. ET on CTV, CTV.ca, and CTV Mobile beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3. Back for its fourth year, Canada’s #1 lifestyle series kicks off with some of the program’s most popular guest experts, including Kleinfeld fashion director Randy Fenoli, designer Tommy Smythe, and celebrity chef Lynn Crawford. Plus, Marilyn introduces two new segment series: “Stylist on Demand” with fashion guru Peter Papapetrou, and “Owen’s Bucket List Challenge” with outdoor and garden expert Owen Reeves. Lifting the curtain on the new season is Canadian band Eleven Past One treating viewers to an in-studio performance.
SEASON 4 LAUNCH WEEK HIGHLIGHTS:
Tuesday, Sept. 3 (Season Premiere):
- Famed fashion stylist Peter Papapetrou, whose celebrity clientele includes Javier Bardem, Hilary Duff, and Michael Bublé,kicks off the show’s new “Stylist on Demand” segments, where Papapetrou and a team of MARILYN producers travel across the country to help viewers in need of fashion advice and style overhauls. First stop: Halifax, N.S., where Papapetrou surprises a local mother of three with a head-to-toe makeover.
- Renowned celebrity chef Lynn Crawford invites Marilyn along with designer and TV personality Tommy Smythe, to visit her summer cottage, and surprises the duo with a “fish out of water” adventure.
- After countless requests from viewers on social media requesting that Canadian band Eleven Past One appear on the show,MARILYN is giving them what they want. The pop band from Bowmanville, Ont. and New Brunswick, often compared to The Wanted and One Direction, will perform their chart-topping single “The World Is Ours,” in front of a live studio audience.
Wednesday, Sept. 4:
- In this health-inspired episode, naturopathic doctor and bestselling author Natasha Turner (The Hormone Diet) reveals metabolism tips for managing weight loss for various body types. Also, nutritionist Miranda Malisani unveils a series of foods that have surprising effects on the body, while Dr. Scott Gledhill showcases shocking everyday choices secretly making people sick.
- New this season, outdoor and garden expert Owen Reeves kicks off “Owen’s Bucket List Challenge”, which gives viewers a chance to achieve their wildest dreams and cross aspiring items off their bucket list.
Thursday, Sept. 5:
- · In a full show dedicated to home décor solutions, MARILYN design expert Amanda Forrest talks space planning and reno budgeting before unveiling a jaw-dropping home makeover for one lucky viewer. Plus, home and design expert Ramsin Khachireveals two high and low priced powder rooms, showing viewers how to get the look for less. Then, professional appraiser and TV personality Andrew Zegers reveals how to turn an antique collection into an investment, before conducting appraisals on items brought in by Marilyn’s in-studio audience members.
Friday, Sept. 6:
- Kleinfeld fashion director Randy Fenoli unveils the latest trends in wedding dresses for any body type before heading into the kitchen with Marilyn to cook up an easy recipe for a dinner party. Plus, Marilyn continues to surprise in-studio guests with an Audience Ambush Makeover.
Additional lifestyle and celebrity guests appearing this season include talk show host Bethenny Frankel (Sept. 9); property experts Drew and Jonathan Scott (Sept. 9)and Scott McGillivray (Sept. 16); actor Tate Donovan from CTV’s new thriller HOSTAGES (Sept. 19); Oscar-nominee Nia Vardalos (Sept. 24); A.J. Cook (Sept. 25) and Shemar Moore (Oct. 2) from CTV’s CRIMINAL MINDS; designer Sarah Richardson (Sept. 26); famous mom of eight, Kate Gosselin for a Canadian exclusive TV interview (Oct. 1); celebrity contractor Bryan Baeumler (Oct. 1) and celebrity fitness expert Jim Karas (Oct. 2). Also new this season, and just in time for back-to-school, Talented Teen Week (Sept. 9-13) showcases some of Canada’s most talented youth across the country including an aspiring baker, fashion designer, musician, and a dog trainer.
Since its debut in January, 2011, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW has been Canada’s #1 lifestyle series. With a strong loyal following tuning in each week, MARILYN continues to attract new viewers, with last season averaging a weekly reach of 2.1 million viewers, a new series high.
THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW airs weekdays on CTV. The following is a breakdown of broadcast times in each province.
9 a.m. MT
10 a.m. ET
10 a.m. ET
11 a.m. PT
11 a.m. AT (*moves to 3 p.m.AT beginning Sept. 9)
11 a.m. CT
11 a.m. CT
THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW also airs weekdays on CTV Two (check local listings).