Canada took home the gold and bronze medals in the premiere of Ladies’ Ski Slopestyle on Tuesday while all three of Canada’s pairs figure skating teams qualified to compete in tomorrow’s Free program.
TONIGHT ON OLYMPIC PRIMETIME:
Host Ron MacLean brings Canadians all the news, highlights and context from another busy day in Sochi on CBC-TV and live online atcbc.ca/olympics (regional broadcast schedules are available online at cbc.ca/olympics). Viewers can interact with the broadcast through CBC’s second screen experience, Primetime Plus, available via the CBC Olympic Games App.
Q’s Jian Ghomeshi talks with Shiva Keshavan, an Indian luger who had to compete as an independent in Sochi, about not representing his country at the Olympics. Jian also interviews the first American ballet dancer to join the Bolshoi dance company, David Hallberg. He talks about his experiences in Russia and Bolshoi’s turbulent year.
Competition Highlights for Tuesday, Feb. 11
Visit cbc.ca/olympics for full competition results, video, and highlights:
FREESTYLE SKIING: LADIES SKI SLOPESTYLE
- Dara Howell took Gold this morning in the premiere of Ladies Ski Slopestyle. Canada’s Kim Lamarre wins Bronze and Yuki Tsubota finished sixth giving Canada its third double medal event on Day 4. Gold-medal favourite, Kaya Turski ‘s performance fell short and did not advance past qualifying round.
CURLING: WOMEN’S CURLING
- - Canada’s team skipped by Jennifer Jones defeated Sweden 9-3 in eight ends on Tuesday to improve to 2-0 in round robin play.
CURLING: MEN’S CURLING
- - Canada’s team lost their round robin game to Sweden on Tuesday, 6-7. A second loss for Brad Jacobs and his team.
LUGE: WOMEN’S SINGLES
- - Canada’s Alex Gough came close to making history but finished fourth in the Women’s singles luge followed by her teammate, Kimberley McRae who finished fifth.
FIGURE SKATING: PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM
- - All three Canadian pairs: Paige Lawrence and Rudi Swiegers, Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford and Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch, have qualified to skate their Free Program and vie for a medal starting tomorrow at 10:45 ET.
SNOWBOARDING: MEN’S HALFPIPE
- - Three time gold medal champion, Shaun White (United States), failed to medal today in the Men’s Halfpipe ultimately placing fourth in the competition.
CBC.CA/OLYMPICS – Canada’s Olympic Network Website
During the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, cbc.ca/olympics will offer Canadians a number of commentated, multilateral feeds — a Canadian first. A continuously updated version of the daily schedule across all networks is available at cbc.ca/olympics. The website will also feature the latest news, sports and videos from Sochi 2014. This will be the first Olympic Winter Games in which Canadians will be able to livestream all events directly to their smartphones or tablets via the CBC Olympic Games App for iOS, Android, and Windows 8.