Channel Zero announced today plans for CHCH this Fall. Starting August 30th, the station is back in a big way with a new look, new programming, and an enhanced news experience.
• Revitalized CHCH logo debuts, plus a fresh new look and feel for the station
• CHCH news programming reveals an all-day enhanced news experience for standard and high-definition viewers
• Primetime line-up is stronger than ever with hit dramas, investigative news series, blockbuster movies every night, Jimmy Kimmel Live and Nightline late night, plus the return of Sportsline
Fall Primetime Line-Up
This Fall, there’s a whole new CHCH. “We’re thrilled to bring our viewers the most exciting primetime line- up in years,” said Romen Podzyhun, Chairman and CEO of Channel Zero Inc.
“With a reach to over 96% of households in Ontario, our strength in the Toronto market, and a solid primetime line-up, CHCH is a staple for your television buy this Fall,” said Geoff Thrasher, General Sales Manager of Channel Zero Inc.
Beginning August 30th, viewers can tune in to CHCH to enjoy the new primetime line-up and season premieres.
• Supernatural [HD] – Season 6 premieres Thursday Sept 23 at 10pm
• 48 Hours Mystery – New season premieres Saturday Sept 25 at 10pm
* Last season’s episodes begin Saturday Sept 4 at 10pm
• Smallville [HD] – Final season premieres Tuesday Sept 28 at 10pm
• Chuck [HD] – Season 4 premieres Monday Sept 20 at 8pm
• 20/20 – New season premieres Friday Sept 24 at 10pm
• Sportsline – Premieres Monday Aug 30 and airs weeknights at 7pm
* Co-Host of CHCH’s current affairs program Square Off, Mark Hebscher returns to his roots as Co-Host of Sportsline. Mark will be joined by CHCH Sports Anchor Clint ‘Bubba’ O’Neil to give fans an unfiltered take on sports. The new Sportsline will be provocative, no-holds barred, irreverent, tell-it-like-it-is, and in your face!
• Nightline [HD] – New season premieres Monday Aug 30 and airs weeknights at 11:35pm
• Jimmy Kimmel Live [HD – New season premieres Wednesday Sept 1 and airs weeknights at Midnight
• Everybody Hates Chris – Season 1 premieres Monday Aug 30 and airs weeknights at 7:30pm
• CHCH continues to air great movies every night, with a Sunday blockbuster double-feature closing the week
• Ed The Sock “This Movie Sucks” – New season premieres Saturday Sept 18 and airs weekly at Midnight
Later this year, CHCH will continue to boost its schedule with more sport s and acclaimed news programming:
• NBA Game of the Week [HD] – premieres Christmas Day with a double header
• 60 Minutes – premieres Sunday Jan 2
New Brand Identity
The return of CHCH’s iconic logo debuts at 5:30am on Monday, August 30th. “For those familiar with CHCH, it’s reminiscent of the look that was used for over twenty years when the station was at the peak of its popularity. The revitalized logo reflects the new energy and creative vision Channel Zero has for the business,” says Chris Fuoco, VP of Sales and Marketing for Channel Zero. “Eight agencies bid to rebrand CHCH. After an exhaustive process of proposal reviews, market research, and employee input, CHCH’s brand identity project was awarded to our in-house team of creative talent, graphic artists, and producers. The deciding factor was the versatility and adaptability of the design elements and how beautifully they lent themselves to a variety of station elements.”
“The station’s tagline Your Superstation speaks to the overwhelming viewer response CHCH has received over the past year. Our viewers have embraced CHCH, and we wanted them to know that we recognize their loyalty. We felt that this tagline clearly conveyed our appreciation to our audience,” Fuoco explained.
The new look CHCH brand extends across all of the station’s locally-produced news programming, on-air and off-air elements. To complete the brand evolution, internationally-renowned graphic designer and typographer Paul Sych of Faith (www.faith.ca) helped finish off the final design of the logo in association with the CHCH creative services team.
Enhanced All-Day News
August 30th also marks the launch of an enhanced all-day news offering available to high-definition and standard-definition viewers. Weekdays from 5:30am through till 6pm, CHCH will provide real-time on- screen news headlines, traffic updates, and weather information. Relevant to residents throughout the entire Golden Horseshoe, the station has expanded its news coverage to better serve a broader market, targeting commuters, out-of-home and at-work viewers. “With these enhancements to our offering, CHCH will continue to strengthen its tradition of delivering the region’s most-watched, most-trusted news,” said Mike Katrycz, News Director at CHCH.
CHCH started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces more original news programming than any other local television station in North America. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 96% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week.
Established in 2000, Channel Zero Inc. is an independent Canadian broadcaster that owns two specialty channels, Movieola and Silver Screen Classics, and two over the air channels, CHCH in Hamilton and Metro 14 (CJNT) in Montréal. In 2006 Channel Zero started Ouat Media – a Toronto-based company that specializes in the worldwide distribution of short films.