Who will be named Canada’s next MasterChef? CTV today revealed the Top 18 MASTERCHEF CANADA home cooks competing for a chance to be one of six in the elite group of title holders and take home the $100,000 cash prize. A 2019 Canadian Screen Award nominee, Season 6 of MASTERCHEF CANADA kicks off with a special two-hour premiere on Monday, April 8 beginning at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV before settling into its regular Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT timeslot. Viewers can then stream all episodes anytime on CTV.ca and the CTV app.
Keeping the heat on high for this season’s Top 18 are esteemed judges Michael Bonacini (O&B restaurant empire), Alvin Leung (Bo Innovation in Hong Kong), and Claudio Aprile (Copetin Restaurant & Bar). With only a limited number of white aprons up for grabs, the home cooks have to prove they have the culinary skills to cut it in the MASTERCHEF CANADA kitchen. In a new twist this season, each judge selects six home cooks to invite to the Top 18, with each member receiving personal invitations delivered via courier.
Below are the Top 18 home cooks vying for a white apron and ultimately contending for the MASTERCHEF CANADA title. Images are available for download at TheLede.ca.
- Alyssa LeBlanc, Former Public Servant, from Tusket, N.S.
- Andre Bhagwandat, Hospital Housekeeper, from Scarborough, Ont.
- Chanelle Saks, Entrepreneur, from Calgary, Alta.
- Cliff McArthur, IT Support Analyst, from Scarborough, Ont.
- Colin Buckingham, Car Salesman, from St. John’s, N.L.
- Cryssi Larocque, Former Airline Agent, from Thunder Bay, Ont.
- Jamie Mayer, Healthcare Portfolio Manager, from Toronto, Ont.
- Jennifer Crawford, Senior Policy Analyst, from Kingston, N.S.
- Jenny Miller, Stay-at-Home Mom, from Havre Boucher, N.S.
- Josh Miller, Youth Care Home Manager, from Regina, S.K.
- Kimberly Fitzpatrick, Writer, from Ottawa, Ont.
- Laurie Dingwall, Retired, from Lac Saguay, Qué.
- Lena Huynh, Lash Technician, from Burnaby, B.C.
- Marie Le Bel, Entrepreneur, from Westmount, Qué.
- Mark Hamilton, Firefighter, from Mission, B.C.
- Rozin Abbas, Digital Marketer, from Toronto, Ont.
- Steven Lapointe, International Figure Skater, from Acton Vale, Qué.
- Tony La Ferrara, Soccer Coach and Retired Teacher, from Whitby, Ont.
In each episode of MASTERCHEF CANADA, the home cooks have their culinary expertise tested through a series of Mystery Box Challenges, Team Challenges, and Pressure Tests, with the judges providing direction and feedback throughout the process. At the end of each episode, at least one home cook is eliminated from the competition until only two remain, culminating in a battle during the finale for a chance to take home $100,000 and the sought-after title of MASTERCHEF CANADA
Throughout the season, fans are invited to visit CTV.ca/MasterChefCanada for exclusive content, including background on the Season 6 finalists and the MASTERCHEF CANADA judges, as well as interviews, highlights, recipes, and more. CTV.ca also offers viewers a behind-the-scenes look at this season’s challenges, delectable dishes, victories, and defeats.
Before Canadians take a bite into the new season, CTV invites viewers to relive all the culinary action from previous editions of MASTERCHEF CANADA, now streaming on Crave and available on demand at CTV.ca and on the CTV app. New episodes of MASTERCHEF CANADA are available on-demand the day following the broadcast premieres on CTV.