CBC today revealed the 10 amateur bakers who will compete in the upcoming season of THE GREAT CANADIAN BAKING SHOW, premiering Wednesday, September 18 at 8 p.m. on CBC and the CBC Gem streaming service. Over the course of eight episodes, this group of diverse and talented bakers from across the country will face a number of classic culinary-themed challenges, in an effort to achieve their personal best and ultimately win the Great Canadian Baking Show title.
As previously announced, Season 3 of the fan favourite series will be hosted by Carolyn Taylor and Aurora Browne, two of the co-creators, executive producers and stars of the critically acclaimed and award-winning Baroness von Sketch Show. Bruno Feldeisen will be joined by esteemed pastry chef Kyla Kennaley at the judge’s table to sample the amateur bakers’ best offerings.
Based on the beloved British format, each episode features three challenges – the Signature Bake, the Technical Bake, and the Show Stopper – during which the bakers will rely on their personal interests, styles and cultural backgrounds to make their delicious dishes stand out to the judges. After the bakes are tested and critiqued, the judges decide who will be the week’s Star Baker and who will be sent home. In the final episode, the remaining three bakers will vie for the title of Canada’s best amateur baker. This season’s bakers are:
- Colin Asuncion, 30, a marketing manager from Toronto, ON
- Betty Chan, 64, a retired executive assistant from Vancouver, BC
- Liam Harrap, 29, a journalist from Revelstoke, BC
- Chris Koo, 30, a family physician from Edmonton, AB
- Jasmine Linton, 22, a university student from Richmond Hill, ON
- Andrea Nauta, 30, a barista from Comox, BC
- Jodi Robson, 33, a table games dealer from Regina, SK
- Nataliia Schevchenko, 33, an administrative assistant from Edmonton, AB
- Jay Smidt, 51, a government trade officer from Cantley, QC
- Mary Lou Snow, 67, a college physiotherapy instructor from Conception Bay South, NL
In season 2, fifty-eight-year-old software engineering consultant, Andrei Godoroja, of Vancouver, BC took home the title after competing against semi-finalists Megan Stasiewich of Leduc, AB and Sachin Seth of Halifax, NS. In the lead up to the Season 3 premiere, fans can satisfy their cravings by catching up on seasons 1 and 2 on CBC Gem.